New York-Hudson Valley

wedding shower bow bouquet

i am attending a shower this weekend, and need to know how to make the 'bow bouquet' for the rehearsal dinner. any pointers?

Re: wedding shower bow bouquet

• billyandsarabillyandsara member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    paper plate and tape. Collect the bows and any ribbon as she opens gifts and tape them to the plate..very easy
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I saw something in party city the other day which is a circle (like a paper plate) that had slits in it for the ribbons to go through. It looked cute, but the paper plate and tape is probably easier and definitely cheaper! But, I think had a good base to start with, and it gave the ribbons a place to go. Like pp said the plate and tape is also probably easiest, but figured I'd pass the find along. Party City in Yorktown has a ton of new wedding  stuff. They practically doubled their section!
  • edited December 2011
    A stapler is also good to bring.  Don't let the bride use scissors to cut any bows off the gifts - it's "bad luck".
  • edited December 2011
    thanks ladies! what serves as the 'stem'?
  • edited December 2011
    "The stem" on my bouquet was made out of a lot of ribbon lol. I got a gift that was gift wrapped at Williams-Sonoma and the green ribbon they use is super durable. It defintely held up for the rehearsal!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards