Pre-wedding Parties

my friends bridal shower...??

my friend and first didn't want to go to the trouble of having a bridal shower since her wedding is going to be super small, but now she just informs me... the maid of honor that she wants something small. great! but i have no idea where to start... do i need to make sure there are games and favors. i mean there is only going to be like max 7-10 people there. any ideas on what to do, especially on a very tight budget, since i'm saving for my own wedding.

Re: my friends bridal shower...??

• trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with retread.  I'd be inclined to say I wish you'd said something sooner.  It's just not possible now.However, if you're going to be nicer than I would =), the answer is no, you don't have to do decorations, favors, games, etc.For 7-10 people, I'd handle it like I handle my book club.  A couple of bottles of wine, a soft drink for those who don't drink wine.  Snacks around the room, and perhaps a couple of desserts to have after gift opening.  If there are other BM's, ask each of them to bring a bottle of wine.  If no other BM's, ask the moms.  You provide the desserts, and you're done.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • edited December 2011
    1. You are under no requirement to thow her a party on her request 2. if you decide to be this nice make sure only those invited to teh wedding are invited to the shower 3. 10 people cake,dip and veggies, coffee ,cheap wine, 2pm -4pm can be done for under $30 at your place. Skip games and just chat. One way to get folks chatting is to ask everyone to tell a short story of teh bride or groom  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards