Snarky Brides

Hard Core rejection- FB style

So, I saw a friend on FB from HS and requested to be added a couple of weeks ago. Today, I notice this friend is tagged in another friend's note, only I cannot see his picture or click on his profile. So......I assume he not only rejected my friend request, but blocked me from seeing him or searching him. Am I correct in that assumption? It is so weird. We were good friends. I do not remember doing anything bad to him. In fact, my ex fiance and his baby momma cheated on us with eachother, so I would think that would bond us for life.

Re: Hard Core rejection- FB style

• I think unless he has added you, then you still can't see the profile, but rejecting your request is weird if you were friends.  
  • I think you can only make it so all non-friends can't click on you not a specific person. 
  • if you go up in the search bar on facebook and put in his name, it will pop up with his pic and say request pending if he has not accepted or rejected yet, but if not, that means he rejected your request. I don't know how to tell if he blocked you.
  • before I asked to be his friend i was able to see his profile pic and click on his bio. I cannot do that now. That is what I mean by not being able to see his profile. So, he has taken been on to see my request and either rejected or ignored it along with putting more restrictions on his bio. Robe, when I type his name in the search it predicts the name but when I click on it, it just brings me to my home page.
  • yeah, sounds like he changed his settings so he can't be looked up, and only friends can see him. i wouldn't take it personally, maybe he got "found" by someone weird (not you). i say friend him again with a message attached this time. then he's a real diick if he still rejects you.
  • It looks like he turned down your friend request. If he had blocked you, it would not show his name in the search results.
  • mamakin, i would ask him again but i have no option to do it. robe, i was thinking the same thing, but it only predicts is name, it doesn't actually bring it up in the search
  • I've rejected people who have friends that I do not wish to be able to see my bizness
  • fallin, you have a setting where you can block anyone but your friends from seeing anything. all they would see is a name and no photo and no option to click the name, which is what Kevin did to me.
  • I've rejected people who have friends that I do not wish to be able to see my bizness Me too. But on the other side, I have totally accepted requests from people I don't really like so I can see how their lives are now.
    For less then ten cents a day, you can feed a hungry child.
  • I think I have it set that way now, but early on, I wanted friends of friends to find and friend me, friend.
  • If he had blocked you, you wouldn't be able to see him being tagged in your friends note. It would be like he didn't exist on FB. He could write on your friends wall 50000000 times a day and you wouldn't see any of it.Sounds like he set it up so you (not you specifically) can't see his pic or limited profile unless you are his friend.
  • But on the other side, I have totally accepted requests from people I don't really like so I can see how their lives are now. Isn't this what facebook is for?  I accepted someone I barely remember because she was a waitress at Hooter's.I've never rejected anyone.  I'm more in the accept, ogle their profile, and quietly dump them.

The nerve!
    House | Blog
  • I have my profile open in hopes of seeing what puzzle robe might make of my name.
  • Thank you J&J. That is what I was wondering. SO it is not me specifically, although he has obviously not accepted my friend request. I guess he never got over our exes getting married
  • My is locked down tighter than a pearl clutching virgin right now. No one can see or do anything (including friends). I am trying to prevent a FB baby outing prior to us calling and telling everyone who we want to tell in person.
  • Isn't this what facebook is for? I accepted someone I barely remember because she was a waitress at Hooter's.Definitely. I accepted someone who was an enemy when I was younger just because they looked terrible in their pic and I wanted to see more.
    For less then ten cents a day, you can feed a hungry child.
  • I would say it is not you specifically. The section where you can change your security to be at that level is an across the board thing not one where you can select a specific user.
  • J&J that is probably a good idea. Then again, if your friends are like mine, they will update their status with "Congrats so and so on your new baby" and if they are friends with others of yours, they would see it in the feed.
  • I dumped a group of people that I was just over having on my FB. Joe kept them on his though so he could "spy" on what was going on in their lives. He just set them to see a really limited amount of info on his page.
  • I worry about my IL's doing this. We made it clear to them not to post anything on FB but I don't know if it will work. Joe will have to do some fast notifying in hopes of preventing someone from finding our via FB.
  • That really blows that you have to worry about that, J&J.I love the limited profile.

Husbands should be like Kleenex: Soft, strong, and disposable.
  • Is that just b/c you want to hear the excitement in their voices?
  • Hello no. I won't be making any of the calls. It is so say someone like my mom doesn't find out via FB just because we were able to get ahold of my SIL first and she then posted something about it (which is what would happen).
  • i have all my work people on limited viewing and i LOVE it.and i thought when you block someone- if you write on a mutual friends status, they could see you but just couldn't click on anything to get to your profile? i hope the two i have blocked cant even see my replies on all of our mutual friends.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • If you block someone you can't see anything they do and they can't see anything you do. It is a beautiful thing.
  • Winged - it's odd that the search function is predicting his name.  I thought it only did that for your friends.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards