Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Re: Confessions!

• edited December 2011
    I'm cleaning my house this weekend from top to bottom and I have to get mentally prepared to do this. I'm not in the mood.
  • edited December 2011
    I confess that I wish this were an open letter post so that I could write the following: Dear my mom and assorted wedding guests and loved ones: Stop calling me to tell me that you may be coming to the wedding even though you RSVPed no or that you might not be coming even though you RSVPd yes. That deadline was a month ago. I have a bill to pay on Tuesday. This is not a backyard barbecue; it's my wedding. You are stressing me out and I don't appreciate it.
  • edited December 2011
    Heather, where were you yesterday - it was posted then? open letters can go in here as well :) I confess that I am jealous of people that are vacationing. I need a week somewhere.
  • edited December 2011
    I confess I hope FBIL asks Australian gf to marry him very soon. They have been living with us for about a month and she told me she wants to get married at home in Brisbane and that they have talked of marriage. This would make our wedding in Philadelphia MUCH better and cheaper. I further confess that I love that she is like me in all the ways FIL don't like me, foreign, veggie, more liberal then they are. Only she is from further away, more crunchy granola then me, is "arty" FFIL is not impressed with that at all, and I have a more tangible profession then she. Teacher = good, artist= bad.
  • edited December 2011
    I should confess this on the GIS board but I had way too much wine and cookie dough for dinner last nightI am also jealous of people on vacation.  I need a break!
  • edited December 2011
    Oh yeah and we are both Catholic as well.
  • edited December 2011
    So I confess I'm irked and slightly upset neither of my parents picked up the phone to call me on my birthday.  My Dad texted me and Mom left like 3 FB messages, but for god's sake, you can't call me?  Even my sister called me.  I'm kind of sad =(  And my Mom had the nerve to comment on one of my FB posts about dinner and was like, "I want to hear all about it!"  Sweet jesus, call me on my f*cking birthday!  And I confess I drank a bottle of wine last night and I am so groggy and have a wine headache today. 
  • meganjane86meganjane86 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I confess that it's my last day of vaca and I'm spending it watching die hard 2 and vegging out and I've only jogged twice this whole week. Also, I had a piece of fmil bday cake for breakfast.... Bleh!
  • edited December 2011
    Ryan is bringing home stuff from his parents that he has not used or seen in 2 years and I'm already getting a headache.
  • edited December 2011
    jewels - if i had your number i would have called you yesterday to wish you a happy happy! :) tell me - how was your nyc trip?????
  • edited December 2011
    I confess that I hold onto wedding RSVPs longer than I should before returning them when I know I'm not attending.  I feel like it makes me look thoughtless.  Disclaimer: They are always returned by the deadline though!!
    Yorkie Jenga

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    jewels - that happened to me this year too! Only I didn't even get the decency of a FB post.  Ever since I moved out for college, my parents and I call each other 1x a week to catch up on things.  I got the obligatory phone call from my dad the night of my bday and he wished me a happy bday, but my mom (who was upstairs), didn't bother to pick up the phone and do the same.  That really irked me.  I think maybe they see me as an adult now and not some kid that needs to be coddled.  I confess, it did make me cry - just a bit.BTW, did you try that donut place?
  • edited December 2011
    Jen you are messing up people's b-list! ;-)
  • krissy609krissy609 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
     I sent a link to DH to an awesome burger place, secretly hoping he would take me there tonight for dinner so I didn't have to cook, my logic worked!
  • jessica0602jessica0602 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i confess that i wish we would do a flameful confessions post to liven up this dull board.
  • edited December 2011
    Aren't all confessions open to being flamed? Let it out Jess.
  • edited December 2011
    I have to travel to Baltimore for a soccer game this season and I'm not looking forward to it. I was dreading this time when traveling got to be further and further away. My anxiety with driving will never leave me.
  • edited December 2011
    I confess that I look at friends from HS and college wedding pics and judge...horribly. I also confess that I hope my wedding pics don't turn out badly.
  • edited December 2011
    NCV: I wasn't even thinking about that!  But we aren't really close with these people, which makes me think there's no B list, esp bc they have a 200 person minimum.  (Rationalization at it's finest, folks!)I know people doing that to me would drive me nuts!  I'm sure this practice is going to come back to me in spades when I send my invites out... : ) 
    Yorkie Jenga

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Everynow and then I get a little bitter that Fi didn't propose when I lived in PA.  I feel like Im missing out on some  wedding stuff by only being home once a month. Also if he tries to "fix"my car again I might have a panic attack, I know he's trying to help but for the love of god I can't handle being stuck on the side of the road thinking my cars going to explode everyday. 
  • edited December 2011
    Our wedding guests have been SO kind and generous with gifts (wedding/shower) but I'm starting to HATE putting it all away.  I feel awful about it!
  • edited December 2011
    Cand -- thanks girlie!  Cand & Fool -- confession NYC:  All I did was shop.  =(  Can I get any more lame?  Didn't get to donut shop, but did get to Stand, the burger place for a toasted marshmellow milkshake.  AMAZING!  I highly suggest trying it if you are ever in NYC.  It's right near Union Square, burgers are very good, and if you like marshmellows over a campfire, the shake is ridiculous.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm going to eat taco bell for lunch.
  • edited December 2011
    It stinks my new office blocks all email sites, but not TK.I've still been MIA this week though. Hopefully it won't stay that way much longer.I haven't focused much on the wedding at all lately & I actually kind of like it...
  • edited December 2011
    These are the most boring confessions I've ever heard.Except Jewels - you have a legit reason to gripe, I'd be super hurt if my parents didn't call on my bday. Hopefully they'll make it up to you when they see you.
  • edited December 2011
    I confess that I like the Philly board nice and boring rather than filled with drama and b!tchness.
  • edited December 2011
  • jessica0602jessica0602 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i confess that i have the song "confessions pt 2" by usher in my head right now. i also confess that i think a lot of these knotties here live in la la land.
  • edited December 2011
    I am intrigued by people who have perfect marriages - especially the first couple years.
  • edited December 2011
     I also confess that I just came back from a camp talent show and some songs should not be played and danced too by young girls.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards