Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Karen!

Hi!  How are you?How was the shower?  :)

Re: Karen!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi! :) I have been BUSY the last few days and I think it is only going to get busier, but that's ok. :) The shower was great! I had a wonderful time seeing my family and friends and we received some very generous gifts, I feel very lucky. Tons of food, tons of wine (haha) it was just really fun and relaxing overall.I was supposed to fly home Monday night, but my flight was an hour and half late leaving Newark and I missed my connection in Atlanta (I won't go into details, but I was pissed!) Had to stay the night in Atlanta and didn't get home until Tuesday, and had to miss work. Grrrr.Super busy now getting ready for the move, I feel like we have been delaing nonstop with realtors, mortgage brokers, movers, relocation "experts" (who frankly, kind of suck!), finding temp housing for FI, all kinds of good stuff. And, still planning the wedding. Good times :)

Vacation

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm glad the shower went well- sounds like the relaxation was much needed. You have a lot on your plate girl! Relocating def. sucks sometimes.
  • Options
    McBridetobeMcBridetobe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oooh, I'm glad the shower was nice!  :)That stinks about the flights though, I'm always so annoyed when my carefully planned travel falls through!  GL with all of the move.  Have you started looking for jobs in TX or are you waiting until FI gets settled there?  Does your job know yet?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've been looking and even applied for a few jobs, although maybe only 2 are what I would call serious "career jobs" - one of which I am REALLY interested in. My job here knows I am leaving at some point in Sept, but I haven't told them an exact date yet (even though I know it is Sept. 11) I'm definitely a little nervous about not finding something and having no income right before the wedding would really, really suck.

Vacation

• Options
    McBridetobeMcBridetobe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Many vibes that one of those will work out for you!!  :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry you missed your connection! That sucks!I hope you find something super great for your career. We'd love to live in Texas!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards