New York-Hudson Valley

Marriage license

Hi everyone! I don't post on here often as I live in NJ, but I have a question for those of you who live in the HV area or are getting married there. We were going to get our marriage license in Manhattan, but I just found out they do not have late hours (they close at 3:45!). So, I was wondering if anyone knew of any city/town/county clerks offices as close to NJ as possible that has evening hours?

Re: Marriage license

• edited December 2011
    Town of Ramapo is open til 8pm the second Wednesday of every month.  It's just over the border of Bergen, couple of minutes from Mahwah/Ramsey.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks!
  • edited December 2011
    This is our issue too ... we found out the Town of Bedford has late hours the firts Tuesday of the month until 7pm ... BUT you must make an appointment ahead of time (914-666-4534)Good Luck, if its possible take a day off from work and get other pre-wedding errands done.  We are hoping my FI will have a day off, but he's a medical student so it's doubtful.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for posting this question, it is something I never even thought of. I am sure that you will help other girls too. And it will give those of plenty of time, something to think about as the months go on. GL
  • edited December 2011
    I'm pretty sure Manhattan opens early so the other option is to make sure you are there as soon as they open and possibly just go into work late ??  That's what we will be doing when the time comes.
  • edited December 2011
    Does anyone know which if any office has late hours in lower Westchester?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards