Massachusetts-Boston
Options

Poll: Where did you have your wedding reception?

Where did you have you wedding reception and how many people did it hold?

Re: Poll: Where did you have your wedding reception?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Stevens Estate, 220 people.  Although that might not be special for you since you worked there :).  Are you still trying to stay in the city?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Not necessarily city. I want something pretty that will hold 240 and doesn't have obnoxious rugs. My colors are B+W :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    hmm what about Atkinson Country Club?
  • Options
    jenvaletjenvalet member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had ours at Spring Valley Country Club in Sharon.  I think it holds up to 250.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Jen, how did I not realize you were at Spring Valley? My family used to belong there :) I love it!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    mckridings, are you looking for a venue with a sleek, modern decor? Something like the State Room? 
  • Options
    jenvaletjenvalet member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    meaghan - we just kind of fell upon the place and we loved it.  I wish we could afford to be members!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes, exactly. I like the clean look. Had problems with the State Room though.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm not too familiar with it, but there's a facility called Springstep.  It looks like a blank canvas.  Also, bharnett once posted pics of a loft space with exposed brick walls.  I'm not sure where it is, but you could page her. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Food - I've looked into Springstep, their space unfortunately isn't big enough :(
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Is Newport too far?  If you don't mind working with Longwood Events, try Belle Mar.  It's breathtaking, but I think it's as pricey as the State Room.
  • Options
    Ali&TimAli&Tim member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The international, we had 200, but it holds up to like, 400-500 i think, if you pack it in.  we were really comfortable with 200 and a band stage
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Fool: I believe Bel Mer has a 30k food minimum.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ughhhhhhhh.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The only other place I can think of is the Wharf Room at BHH.  It's ridiculously priced though.  It's a shame Boston doesn't have more minimalist venues.I think the Liberty Hotel would be a tight squeeze...What about eoullet's hotel? I remember it being a bit more modern. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Liberty would definitely not work... My guest list (right now anyways) is 180ish and even though they said the room could hold that many it would have been a really tight squeeze.I'm having my reception at the Mandarin. The Ballroom can hold 300.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Anthony's Pier 4 and it held up to 250 people (we invited 200 and had 145 and every one was comfy) good prices as well
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are having ours at The Venezia in Dorchester.  I believe it holds up to 300.  Oh and the rugs are a very light sage green color! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're having it at the Harvard Club, main clubhouse, not downtown.  They have a ballroom that would hold that many, and other spaces for cocktail hour.  It looks more historic, than sleek, but the ballroom has high ceilings and stone floors, you could work with it.Have you tried the Lyman Estate or the Hyatt Harborside?  Also we checked out Royal Sonesta while it was being refurbished, great views, big room, sleek-looking.  I have a long list that I worked from, just page if you want.  good luck!
  • Options
    mm2007mm2007 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i dont know how far south you want to come but Indian pond Country club in kingston can hold over 300 and the colors of the room ar cream and light tan.  there is a fire place and the whole room is very understated.  the food and bev min is 20,000 for a sat and 10,000 for a friday or a sun.  I hope this helps!  GL
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Seaport Hotel in Boston, Lighthouse Room. We had 125 but I think it holds up to 180 or so.
    Kristen & Matt - June 27, 2008
    We're married!

My Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    DD had her wedding at the Hotel Marlowe. I think it holds either 200 or 225. They were just wonderful and everthing about it was fabulous. Just a point about your comment on rugs- once you put the tables with cloths and flowers on top of them and a dance floor, you almost never notice the rugs -
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're having ours at the Westin Copley.  Ours will be in the staffordshire room which holds up to 200, but right across is the Ball Room, which I think holds like 300 or 400? (might be off a bit).  They just renovated both rooms, so the outside area where we are having our cocktail hour is nice and new/sleek.  We also chose Westin b/c the minimal wasn't nearly as much as some other places since its not well know for weddings.  Either way, if you are looking in the city, might be worth checking.GL!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards