Massachusetts-Boston

Reply Card WTF

My handwritten reply cards read as follows:_1__ seat has been reserved in the honor of: _______Joe Doofus______________And these are the emails we get:'oh hey just wondering if that means I can bring a guest'ARE YOU SERIOUS?! could we have possibly made it more explicit?

Re: Reply Card WTF

• edited December 2011
    Good lord.  I think ppl do this purposefully, knowing that only 1 seat has been reserved.  They're just angling for a guest invite. 
  • edited December 2011
    Bahahaaaa.... people are dumb!
  • edited December 2011
    Makes you wonder why you went through all the trouble of putting ones and twos on the little line. ugh!
  • edited December 2011
    LOL i know, right? Yup, Joe Doofus, you got me. ONE really means TWO! its opposite day! Lady Doofus, do you want lobster or steak? While we are it, bring Doofus Jr! No problem!
  • edited December 2011
    Well, i'm pretty sure he's asking if that second person can sit on his lap, I mean, it's the explaination. ;) Joe Doofus... you're not smart, or invited anymore.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    (if you couldnt tell, my wedding wackiness is soaring to new heights....i may need to spend my honeymoon in the looney bin)
  • edited December 2011
    Has this person EVER been to a wedding before?  Because maybe if s/he hasn't, your RSVP was interpreted to mean "one additional seat has been reserved in honor of Joe Doofus."Otherwise, my reply to the email would be, "No."
  • edited December 2011
    I say--at least he asked! Some people just assume--trust me on that one.
    imageimage BFP #1 7/2011 natural m/c at 11.5 weeks. BFP #2 3/2012 ectopic pg, MTX at 7.5 weeks. BFP #3 10/2012, EDD 6/24/2013 over the moon to be expecting our baby girl in June!
  • edited December 2011
    _1__ seat has been reserved in the honor of: _______Joe Doofus______________hahahahahaha.  I'm willing to bet he's playing stupid so he can bring a date.
  • edited December 2011
    At least Doofus did email you to ask, he has that many brain cells. I'd like to say all my guests are that smart. Actually, I think they're cunningly smart, to respond that they're bringing another person so I have to actually call them up if I want to make a stink about it....
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    OMG could you imagine if he brought a date anyway?? Obviously if he can't read then he might not interpret your e-mail. Make sure you use first grade sentences.
  • edited December 2011
    omg seriously?? soooo frustrating, laughable!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards