Getting in Shape

Fluctuation like CRAZY?

Hey everybody - so I just recently started dieting about a week or two ago now.  I weigh myself kind of randomly, maybe every other or every two days.  And every time I weigh myself my weight is drastically different!  Sometimes the scale will indicate that I lost 5 or 6 pounds overnight, and the next day I'll be somewhere at gaining 2 or 3.  I know that it's normal for your weight to fluctuate here and there, but when does that fluctuation start to fade so I can tell how much weight I REALLY lost?  When did it stop for you?  Or is it a continuing thing?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Fluctuation like CRAZY?

• NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    Your weight fluctuates on a daily basis. You will not weigh the same at 4pm as you did at 8am. A lot of factors go into that - consumption, TOM, bathroom habits, etc. Try to weigh yourself at the same time and not everyday. I weigh myself every saturday morning, if at all (sometimes i dont weigh myself for weeks at a time).
  • Diito Nebb.  Do you eat alot of salt?
  • Yeah salt might have something to do with it.  It depends on the day if I eat a lot or not much at all, so that would make perfect sense.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • This is why you dont weigh everyday ( coming from someone who has weighed herself at least once everyday for the last 4 days).. They say to weigh once a week.. This week has been crazy for me since starting WW and wanting to see my first week results... this is why I hate having a scale in my house.. Honestly, I would only weigh yourself once a week.. that is the only way to know.
    Photobucket
  • I'm a little ocd about my weight... I can't seem to wait that long to look for results...I weigh myself at the same time every morning to try to keep myself consistent. I realized when I did it at different times, I was all over the place.An average persons weight fluctuates about 2 pounds during the course of a day.
  • Our bodies are made up of 65% water and it fluctuates daily. I do have a tendency to weigh in every other day or so, but the weight I count is the one on my weigh in day no matter what. Keep on with it, and you will succeed.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards