Honeymoon Discussions
Options

All inlcusives in Cancun

Hello everyone!This is my very first post. How exciting!I wanted to to do an all inclusive in Mexico for our honeymoon (May 10th - May 16th 2010). We live in LA and don't want a long plane flight (no stopovers either) so Mexico seems like a good choice. I am having problems finding an all inclusive that gets consistent reviews on Trip Advisor - my travel review bible.Secrets Capri looks pretty good - it has an 90% recommendation rating. I saw some peeps talking about Excellence but when I looked at the website I thought the rooms looked a bit dated, so I don't know about that one.I'm trying to keep it around 3k for the resort (not including plane tickets.)Any advice would be appreciated. Also I'm not totally stuck on Cancun - I would prefer the Caribbean side of Mexico but I'm open.Thanks in advance!

Re: All inlcusives in Cancun

• Options
    If you would consider Jamaica my fiance and I are going to Couples Negril I found it through Trip Advisor. . . it is all inclusive around 3500 with airfare. We booked through apple vacations. The rooms are not Hilton 5star but they are nice and more cultural which is what I was looking for. I didn't want to go somewhere tropical and stay in a room that remided me more of chicago and new york . . . but check it out.
  • Options
    Thanks! I will!
  • Options
    We are going to Excellence, I think for 6 nights 7 days its about $3,000.  People on here only have great things to say about it.  Scroll through and read the posts about Excellence, I think there was one a few days ago.GL
    sad
  • Options
    Trip Advisor is great! I love it too. We are stuck between some of the same resorts.  Not to add another one to your mix bit the royal in Playa Del Carmen looks pretty nice too.  Also did you look at secrets maroma beach.  I like it but it looks like the grounds are not in that great of shape.  I'm getting married next June so I'm thinking the grounds may have time to fill out.  Keep me posted with what you are thinking.  I'm so torn on the honeymoon too! Good luck!
  • Options
    Excellence Playa Mujeres, where we decided on, is new and very updated. check that out- it's about 20 to 30 minutes from Cancun. Sun Palace also gets great reviews. They have recently completed a bunch of renovations and they look awesome! They also have a coupels area in their spa- most spas have seperate steam/sauna rooms but Sun allows co-ed which could be fun.
  • Options
    I was just looking at Excellence Playa Mujeres, it does look really great. It is also priced well . . . I like the idea of a swim-up suite too!There are so many choices! I'll check out the royal, too.I'm kind of wary of Secrets Maroma bc of some of the reviews. I think that and Capri are about the same in price and Capri just looks nicer to me.Since you ladies all seem to know what you are talking about here's another question : How far in advance did you/will you book? Do you think the price fluctuates a whole lot? Do you think it is risky to book only four months or so in advance to possible get a better deal or should I just book soon to make sure I get the room/dates I want?
  • Options
    2xtime2xtime member
    First Comment
    LeBlanc (Palace resort) #1 on tripadvisor 92% and Sun Palace #3 at 92%.I have been to SP twice and will probably to again in December. very updated (2007), AI, all adult/couples, 2 person jacuzzi in each room, option to visit other Palace Resorts for additional activities and dining, good food, some included excursions, love the spa services, free call back to US and free wifi. SP has one of the nicest beaches in Cancun and awesome views.  Greatest thing of all the service is outstanding, best at any resort we have ever stayed at.Having been to both Jamaica and Cancun, would pick Cancun hands down.
  • Options
    SP does look really good. How was the food?
  • Options
    lm3898lm3898 member
    First Comment
    Hi!  We're planning the same type of trip.  Riviera Maya (close to Cancun).  You should be able to do a 5star WITH airfare for $3K for 6 days.  Go to expedia or orbitz.  The best hotels (all-inclusive) that I've been able to find are:1. Grand Velas 2. Royal Hideaway Playacar3. Zoetry ParaisoThey all look wonderful to me, I'm still deciding between them but leaning toward No. 3...all drinks, gourmet food, pvt. pool outside your room!Good luck.
  • Options
    Oh no! And I finally thought I had it narrowed down to three totally different resorts!Thanks, I'll check them out.
  • Options
    Ok, I think I have it narrowed down toSecrets Capri - great reviews but property looks a bit boringSecrets Maroma - FI likes the "huts" and I'm into the swim up suitesorSun Palace - I like that you can visit all of the Palcace resort too to get more variety
  • Options
    I read someone was wanting to wait till four months prior to going. . .I wouldn't chance it. I think with apple vacations who we went through, they check for you after you have booked for the price going down and they adjust your rate. That way you book it and will automatically get the best deal!Oh yah and give us a heads up if you pick a honeymoon location!
  • Options
    Ok, so I know you said you have it narrowed down to 3, but let me just throw one more out there for you: The Royal (we stayed at The Royal Cancun, but they also have one in PDC.) The rooms are amazing- all have full on ocean views, balconies with hammocks, ipod docks with loaded ipods. The beds are some of the most comfortable I've ever slept on (don't know why comfy beds are an issue in Mexico) and they give you a pillow menu, jacuzzi tubs and large 2 person showers. Also, they do nightly turn down with aromatherapy service. The food is great, no reservations needed, awesome service. I don't have anything negative to say about it. They also have swim-up suites, if you're interested in that! I think the resort opened in 2007 so it's fairly new...and awesome! :)
    Photobucket Vacation Vacation
  • Options
    2xtime2xtime member
    First Comment
    Sun Palace food was very good, especially italian and asian. It is not 5* restaurant food, but better than other AIs we have stayed at. Breakfast and lunch buffets always had a variety of items and they did change from day to day. SP also has an outside grill for lunch where you can get steak, burgers, chops, grilled fish, shrimp etc.We ate at steakhouse at SP previoulsy, but our last visit in April we went to steak restaurant at Beach Palace. They have a rooftop skydeck with pools and lounge beds. So we got drinks, watched a gorgeous sunset and then dinner.We had breakfast at Cancun Palace one morning which was good and then lunch at Moon Palace a couple of times. Really liked the lunch buffet at the MP golf clubhouse.We used 24 hours room service a few times and food was delivered promptly and hot.
  • Options
    Thank you so much everyone! I'll keep you posted.
  • Options
    We just booked 6 nights at the Valentin Imperial Maya.  It's an all inclusive, adults only resort.  It got really awesome reviews from TripAdvisor.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards