Missouri-Kansas City

Florist Advice!

Hello! Flowers are something that I want at my wedding, but don't want to spend a ton of money on them! I have heard from word of mouth of a couple different florists in the KC area and am curious if anyone has any input on these! OR if you used a good, cheap, florist I'd love to hear about it! I would really like a florist that helps with setup and take down the day of the wedding! I also am hoping to find one that allows you to rent vases and things for the tables! The one's I'm looking at are: Final Touch Studios Floralyn.com The Monarch Flower Company Thanks so much for your help!!

Re: Florist Advice!

• edited December 2011
    I am going with Monica at 18 Flowers, she is very reasonably priced and we are renting our vases (for WAYYY less than it would cost to buy them.)   My wedding isn't until June, but when we met with her she had great ideas and her quote for EVERYTHING we wanted was within our budget! She only does one wedding/weekend, so I'd contact her soon if you are interested :)www.18flowers.com   GL!
  • edited December 2011
    I second Monica and have also heard good things about Dutch Flowers in the City Market area.
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you!! :)
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using Amy Cason from Victorian Gardens. She's been great to work with. We're getting 19 boutonniere's, 8 BM bouquet's, My bouquet and a toss bouquet, 8 corsages, 14 pew clusters and 2 altar arrangements for $1300. Pretty good price I'd say and the flowers we're putting in are gorgeous! Dahlia's, Sunflower's, Hydrangea etc.  
    Kristen & Ryan | 10.10.10
    My Married Bio | My Blog
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • glitrgrl25glitrgrl25 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bridget Kelly from Ornamental Peta does beautiful work. www.ornamentalpetal.com
  • glitrgrl25glitrgrl25 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oops!  I mean Petal.
  • Kat4HimKat4Him member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ok, I apologize in advance- I'm posting under my sister's name since I'm watching her kids but you can normally find me under the name "HammyGirl10" - I post mostly on the Sept 10 board. Anyway, I just HAVE to throw in a word for Final Touch Studios. I realize this may come off as biased but I have been best friends with her step-daughter since we were12/13 and I've seen first hand (and even helped doing "little things"in her shop whenI was younger) the amount of thought and care that goes into every.single.bride. To her, you're not just one of many. You are a specific bride with your own ideas and preferences and she'll make sure you get what you want. Rosemary is such a wonderful lady and KNOWS what you're going through - her own step-daughter is a bride to be, too! :-) RM (Rosemary) was the florist for one of my friend's weddings last summer and had beautiful centerpieces atthe reception and was there to set it up while we were all at the site getting ready. Go with whoever you feel most comfortable but I couldn't pass up this post without giving you a personal thought about Final Touch! :-)Good luck!
  • Kat4HimKat4Him member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry again- my s/n is "Hammysgirl10" -left out the "s"! :-)
  • edited December 2011
    Wow, you ladies are wonderful! Thank you so much for the wonderful tips and advice!! It's such a hard choice!! Do you know if any of these florists you ladies have mentioned do set up before and pick up after?? It's important to me to have a florist that does just so I don't have to worry about that. I've heard of so many stories of brides and their families having to help clean up after all the guests leave, and I just don't want that to happen, if possible!Thank you so much again!!
  • edited December 2011
    Hi, I also vote for Monica at 18 Flowers.  She's setting up everything for us, and our caterer will be picking everything up and returning vases at the end of the night.  Hope that helps!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards