North Carolina

J.Crew Swimsuits

Anyone have one? Do you know if they run true to size, small or large. I need a new suit and they've got some cute ones on sale online.

Re: J.Crew Swimsuits

• edited December 2011
    They run maybe a little small?  I'm a curvy size 8 and I wear a L in both pieces. Although, when I bought those suits I was a size 10. I would say a M top would probably work for a B/C cup, M bottom would probably work for 6/8. 
  • edited December 2011
    I think where I'm undecided is the Medium vs. Large for the top. I'm a 36D so according to their size chart that would be a Medium for the D-cup tops. I'm nervous only because I haven't been a "medium" top in forever. I don't want it hanging off of me either though.
  • edited December 2011
    Hmm...yeah, I'm a 34D and I wear the L but mine are not the 'd cup' top.  I completely get being scared of the M!  I would say that I have a little bit of room left in the L but not by much. 
  • edited December 2011
    I don't think the medium would cover a D cup. I'm btw. C & D and there's no way a JCrew medium will cover me on top.
  • edited December 2011
    Oh...and mine are also halter style which have ties around the back and neck, so that might also make a difference.
  • edited December 2011
    Lusher - It's not the regular M it's the "D-cup" medium. Meaning it's roomier up top. My waist is a good bit smaller than my hips or bust so I'm wondering if that would be the way to go (it's a tankini). GAH. I hate being indecisive.The suit in question is on sale but it's not listed as Final Sale or No Returns. I'm guessing that I could potentially return it but maybe someone has more experience with returns than I do.
  • edited December 2011
    The top in question in case anyone was curious:
  • edited December 2011
    Well, I guess you could always order both.  They're really good about returns.  In fact, I always just take it back to the store since I'm close to one.  It sounds like that we're similar in shape -- I'm smaller through the torso too.  For the tankini, I'd probably go for the medium d cup top. 
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks, you've helped me talk myself into it!
  • edited December 2011
    I think they run perfectly true to size. Don't get smaller than you think you truly are, it likely wont fit. If you order in the store on the red phone there is no shipping and you can return anything from online to the store, so thats no shipping that way either. So often I end up purchasing both sized I think I could be and returning the other to the store. I've pretty much stopped doing that because I've discovered I am precisely the size I often am in their clothes (not dresses). So pants I'm mostly a 6, dresses a 4 and tops a S. I always end up wearing a 6 in their bathing suits. (I'm bottom more heavy, and the 4 top could be great but the 4 bottom does not fit a 6 butt).
    imageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • JemmessicaJemmessica member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have one! I love love love it! I can say I am an 8/10 and wear a L bottom also- my top is sized, and it's a 6.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards