Massachusetts-Boston

Vendor reviews!

Most of these are either CT or RI vendors, but I thought I'd share anyway.  Enjoy!Venue: Jonathan Edwards WineryOne of our best decisions! The location was beautiful, especially after all that rain, and the staff was great to work with. They gave us 10% off the wine and 2 free bottles at the end of night. No complaints!Caterer: Gourmet GalleyExcellent. Our caterering manager really acted as our wedding coordinator helping out every step of the way. She handled all the food and rentals and logistics of the reception. The food was delicious; our guests are still raving about it! I wish I could book them for my next party!Cake and favors: Toria DolceI know some people have expressed concerns over not being able to get in touch with Victoria, but I just adore this woman. We met in person several times before the wedding (she has a tearoom in Pawcatuck) and she's a pleasure to be around. Our cake and favors were both excellent and I would definitely use her again. I can't wait to get our free cake next July!Photographer: Michelle CaucuttMichelle was the first and only photographer we met with and I just knew she was "the one". She's incredibly talented, but also a lot of fun to be around. We felt totally at ease and half the time we didn't even realize she was there. She also worked with an assistant, which I highly recommend. It was great getting photographs from 2 different perspectives. Unfortunately, Michelle has since relocated to the DC area :-(Florist: Hana FloralI LOVE Yumiko! She doesn't get mentioned too often on these boards, but this is actually where I found her. She's a little more expensive than some of the more popular florists on here, but, IMO, 100% worth it. My flowers were beautiful and I really think it added to my vineyard reception.Band: Brass AttackOne of our best decisions! Absolutely fantastic! The dance floor was packed all night and our guests loved them! Highly recommend!Hair: Kelly SharkeyKelly was great and a lot of fun to have around the day of my wedding! I actually met her at an event at Hana Floral. She came to us at our hotel in Stonington and her rates were really reasonable. I think the travel fee was only like $20 to go from Branford to Stonington. I got a lot of compliments on my hair.Make-up: Jennie FresaI also met Jennie at Hana Floral where she was doing a make-up demonstration. I would have booked her on the spot, but I already had hair & make-up lined up at a salon. Needless to say, the salon didn't work out and I was able to go with Jennie. Best decision ever. Jennie really got my vision of "me, but better". I didn't want to wear too much make-up, but I wanted something. Worth every penny! Definitely get the false lashes!Justice of the Peace: Donna KingDonna was great, a little pricey, but still a pleasure to work with. We only looked into a few JPs and they were all expensive, so I thought paying $450 was normal. If I could do it over, I would have done some more research. Donna did a great job, and I have no regrets about using her, but it was still a lot of money. Our ceremony was beautiful.Ceremony musicians: Millennium MusicKathy was wonderful to work with! She's such a lovely woman. We went with the cello, violin, flute trio and I couldn't be happier. We had them play before and during the ceremony and then during the cocktail hour.Rentals: Liberty Rentals, RI RentalsWe were required to use Liberty Rentals and I thought they were very expensive. I was able to get the chairs and linens from RI Rentals for much less, but everything else was from Liberty.Dress shop: White Dress by the Shore Very nice shop, wonderful staff, beautiful dresses! I LOVED my Modern Trousseau dress. I thought it was perfect for the setting and worked well with my body. I actually met the designer the day I bought my dress and she may have swayed my decision a little :-)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Vendor reviews!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards