Snarky Brides

Massachusluts

I was in the other room so I couldn't hear the radio very well, but I think I heard that they are upping your sales tax by 25%?  Is that true? 
"That chick wins at Penises, for sure." -- Fenton

Re: Massachusluts

• No, it is going up 1.25%.
    For less then ten cents a day, you can feed a hungry child.
  • Yup. 5% to 6.25%.

Husbands should be like Kleenex: Soft, strong, and disposable.
  • Still better than here.
  • Yes, and 1.25% is 25% of 5% :)

• Moo is a math wizard.
    image Ready to rumble.
  • Well played indeed Moo.
  • I didn't realize it was so low to begin with, so 6.25% doesn't sound so bad.  But it sucks they took away the tax free day. 
    "That chick wins at Penises, for sure." -- Fenton
  • Yeah, it's not so bad. I was pro-increase. And the state is in such deep shiit that something had to give. I'll get pissed when they take away my god given right to drive to New Hampshire and buy tax-free, outlet-priced goods.

• See why couldn't the easter problem have been about tax increases????
  • I would have figured that pattern out in 15 seconds.

• Live free or die, baby.
  • I wish our tax was so low...we are paying 8.5% and our governator is trying to increase it some more.  
  • Angie, around the time the seatbelt/helmet laws were up for debate in NH this winter, my mom heard a radio report on it when we were in the car. She said "Wow, they really don't like many laws up there, huh?"I just stared at her.It's right on the foffing license plates! That's not just an empty motto, that is their creed, yo.

• yes, I made a special run through Mansfield on my way to Hingham on Tuesday just for wine before the tax increase tomorrow.. Cheap prices there to start out with and I always felt that I should replace what I drink.almost as good as driving north
  • I'll get pissed when they take away my god given right to drive to New Hampshire and buy tax-free, outlet-priced goods.Figures.  Just like all the Vermonters who don't want Wal-Marts in their towns, but cross into NH and go to the Wal-Mart just over the border, and all you see are VT license plates!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards