African American Weddings

KJDiamonds - Do I really need the inner envelope?

Hey KJ,I am struggling here - I went and bout the envelopes and ribbon and other card stock I needed to do the reception and direction cards. Here is my issue - I am thinking I dont know if I really need the ivory outter envelope or the chocolate inner envelope - I dont have a camera to send you a complete pic of what I am talking about. I want to line the envelope (lip only) with the pearl ivory paper, so I am wondering if I am doing too darn much with the belly band - all those cards, the butterfly label on the bands and then the two envelopes, it may be like a darn obstacle course getting into the invite. Let me know what you think.TIA

Re: KJDiamonds - Do I really need the inner envelope?

• edited December 2011
    lol ~ ok don't think an outer envelope is a 'must do' I think it used to very popular...1. so nixe that idea and pick the envelope color you want the invitations sent in.2. line the envelope if you want to - people mentioned to me how nice it looked lined - lining 1/2 will save you money - I did the whole thing becuz and I didn't many to send3. I like belly bands - so make a set with one and one with out and then you can decide which you prefer4. do directions if its confusing or make sure the address to the wedding & reception is posted or easy to find online-- I had to make a map because there is no physical address for the park we getting married inIn total you'll have the invitation, reply card and envelope and directions -- unless your doing a reception card?
  • edited December 2011
    In total its:InvitationReceptionRSVP/EnvelopeDirection CardAccomodation/Registry cardBelly Band and Label (that is a must I just love it)I think that inner envelope is too much stuff.
  • edited December 2011
    That sounds good! And the band will keep everthing together and looking nice :) I love the butterflies w/your wedding date on it  
  • edited December 2011
    I love it too! Ok - thanks for the input - I think I am gonna nix the Ivory outter I bought and do the chocolate for the entire thing - only thing I need to find out is what color ink we would print the clear labels with. I guess Silver so it will show but I dont know - I have too much going on this weekend, my nerves are bad! LOL! I thought about what you said too about using the gown I got today for the e-pics, I am going to see what he thinks.
  • edited December 2011
    yeah silver would pop - i've also seen people hand write the invites with silver pens and they came out nice... I think the dress so much, I love finding deals!! How are you wearing your hair?  
  • edited December 2011
    girl you need to create a link to your bio!! lol
  • edited December 2011
    LOL! I dont know how to put my bio on here . . . you know I am not good with this stuff. I attached the pics of the two styles I like for my hair - it will be one of these: or
  • edited December 2011
    This is the dress - unless I change it to the gown I got today.  
  • edited December 2011
    I don't know how to post a pic in the message!!Love the hair pics!! Either one will be sexy - you better have one covered eye like Eva!! lol Is your dress black? Whats he wearing?  
  • edited December 2011
    The dress is black - I put in in a pp just above this one. He is wearing ivory slacks and shirt with a champagagne paisley pattern tie and black shoes. I am wearing red shoes and have a red clutch. I found a little fascinator that I am gonna put some jewels on cause its just plain with a couple feathers - I got it in ivory.
  • edited December 2011
    You two are going to look great!! I can't wait to see pics!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks - I sure hope so.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards