Snarky Brides

my boring vent

We rarely go out to dinner, so when we do, we view it as a treat. We try to pick something that tickles our fancy or isn't just a chain type place to eat. We're going out with friends tonight, and they picked the place. It's a Scottish bar/tavern that's part of a group of 5 similar restaurants in the city. Their food is blah, nothing I'd ever get excited about. Just a place you might happen to eat in if you're out for a drink. I just looked at the menu, and everything on it makes we want to wretch. The guy who made the plans doesn't respond well to feedback, so I guess we just have to go with it and suck it up. To top it off, they picked the one restaurant of this all alike group that is downtown, so we have to pay for parking and fight the crowds that are going to the big music festival happening this weekend. Oh well.
image Ready to rumble.

Re: my boring vent

• The real question is, when it's time to put on your dining kilts, will you each wear your own family's tartan, or should you all match the same color scheme?!?!
  • Fudgesicles! I haven't even thought about that!!
    image Ready to rumble.
  • And will you wear underwear?
  • My boring vent is that I ate Chipotle and am about to explode from needing to fart.
  • Get down on all fours behind your desk and do the toot scootin' boogie.
    image Ready to rumble.
  • I totally understand.  That blows.  Get there early and have a couple of drinks.  That will help numb your tastebuds to the sub par food.
  • I'm certain these will be loud enough to be heard through the door.
  • Is there any way you can casually suggest a different place ? Something like "Oh, I heard restaurant x is really good and we've been dying to try it..." Fallin-do the cough to cover up a fart move.
    imageimage
  • Fallin -- just to to the potty and let loose!
    "That chick wins at Penises, for sure." -- Fenton
  • I totally understand. That blows. Get there early and have a couple of drinks. That will help numb your tastebuds to the sub par food. Ah, if only.
    For less then ten cents a day, you can feed a hungry child.
  • Cali, as my Chipotle twnisie, is the only one who understands the power of the Chipotle fart.
  • Even more sucky that I can't drink, right?
    image Ready to rumble.
  • I'd speak up.  Say your coworker went there and was sick for a week.
    TTC since 07/11 Me: 32 AO PCOS/DH: 32 Lowish count/motility IUI#1-3 = BFN (Clomid, Clomid-->Femara, Injects) IVF#1 ER on 9/24 19 ER/19 M/9 F w/ICSI Transferred a 5AA and a 5BB on 9/29 Beta 10/9 = 139 Beta 10/11 = 287
    imageimageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My Blog

• Vinny, did you forget Kristen's pg announcement or have you been spending too much time with your drunken friends?
  • That's what I was thinking - any other time you'd probably happily but on your appropriately selected kilt, throw some back and rejoice in Shephards Pie. Early pregnancy + Scottish food = green face
    For less then ten cents a day, you can feed a hungry child.
  • Oh that's an event better excuse.  You're eating for two, you get a restaurant veto.
    TTC since 07/11 Me: 32 AO PCOS/DH: 32 Lowish count/motility IUI#1-3 = BFN (Clomid, Clomid-->Femara, Injects) IVF#1 ER on 9/24 19 ER/19 M/9 F w/ICSI Transferred a 5AA and a 5BB on 9/29 Beta 10/9 = 139 Beta 10/11 = 287

My Blog

• For pete's sake they have three different menu items that are a variation on a Scottish egg. Not to mention the other couple that's going (the guy that planned it lives here, other couple are in from Indy) own an organic produce home delivery business. Like they want to eat a fried cod dinner.
    image Ready to rumble.
  • Oh for f*ck sake!  I am having a real problem with your new siggy.  I retract my previous advice.  Have fun at your yucky dinner.
  • Oh that's an event better excuse. You're eating for two, you get a restaurant veto. No.  Kristen is not one of those women.
  • Fallin is right, as usual. I'd never play that card. Plus, I don't think we're telling that news to friends just yet.
    image Ready to rumble.
  • Umm, you must be mistaken.  I don't fart.  I am a lady.
    "That chick wins at Penises, for sure." -- Fenton
  • I give up.  Pour some A1 steak sauce over everything then.

My Blog

• Well, I just made a hiLArious Scottish joke, but unfortunately it's in the breastfeeding doll thread.Fallin, I agree with the find-an-empty-bathroom-and-get-relief plan.
  • Bah!!! AYYYEEE one. I lobe you, happy tummy.
    image Ready to rumble.
  • HAHAHAHA!!! you girls crack me up! thanks for making my horrible a little bit better! PMSL!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic My little man all ready to bat
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards