Snarky Brides

Could this be a bit too much?

2»

Re: Could this be a bit too much?

• FUKC WRONG THREAD SORRY.
  • Don't be so down on your penis, Groomz.  Remember that it makes 24% of your salary.
    "That chick wins at Penises, for sure." -- Fenton
  • Owowowow, I think I collapsed one of my lungs uglykristenworklaughing.
    "That chick wins at Penises, for sure." -- Fenton
  • Hilarious. Groomz, just feed your baby ayeee one.
    image Ready to rumble.
  • I lactated A1. True story.

• Thanks HT.  I was sad about my sickly children, but you have cheered me up with your misplaced racist comments.  Is Scottish a race?  Should I add scottish onto my EEO form after Asian/Pacific Islander?  And if so, do I need to add a subsection listing the different tartanwearing clans?
    3 out of 4 dead babies agree! pepsi is better than coke! - EdithBouvierBeale
    Lordy. Grow some balls and stop lurking. It's like stealing from the internet. Jesuschrist. -- AudreyHorne
    I hate love and marriage. I got married so I could destroy these things from the inside. - NoisyPenguin
    It's a good thing my circle of trust is as giant as my vagina. That only leaves a couple people out. - Cali
  • Before I unintentionally derailed this discussion, I was going to say that I don't understand why some people take such keen interest into what type of milk others use to feed their children.
  • I judge ALL the time (shocked aren't you), but generally about things that have a known serious risk. Bottle feeding has no real risk and is likely only slightly less beneficial that BF'ing.  It's particularly shiitty given that you tired.  I won't simply b/c I do not want to.I also judge if you don't discipline your child.  Like the dad on my train today whose daughter was squeling so loud that I and 3 other people shushed her and the assshole still didn't try to keep you quiet.  I judged.
  • I judged the mother who walked into a bake-at-home pizza place, set her very small infant (in the infant carrier) on a chair right inside the door of the establishment, did all of her pizza getting activities as her baby sat alone by a door, and took all of her acquired pizza products to her car as her baby sat alone on the chair.  If I didn't mention this, she left her child sitting alone by a door to a public establishment.
  • I see two big advantages to breastfeeding: 1) I don't have to make up or wash as many bottles and 2) for the most part people won't give me crap about my feeding choices and if they do I am socially sanctioned to yell at them about it. La Leche League and the rest make me want to not breastfeed at all. If I wanted to be a sanctimonious foffer there's way better ways than proudly proclaiming my ability to dribble food from my chest. Just the titles of "So That's What They're There For" and "The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding" make me want to hurl. Fallin and other non-bfers, I think I've posted this before, but if you missed it: [url]http://www.theatlantic.com/doc/200904/case-against-breastfeeding[/url]

"The meek shall inherit the earth" isn't about children. It's about deer. We're all going to get messed the fuckup by a bunch of cloned super-deer.- samfish2bcrab

Sometimes I wonder if scientists have never seen a sci-fi movie before. "Oh yes, let's create a super species of deer. NOTHING COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG." I wonder if State Farm offers a Zombie Deer Attack policy. -CaliopeSpidrman
  • I have that bookmarked, Mouse.
  • I was totally brainwashed by the idea that I must breastfeed.  hell, you guys remember how bad it got.   However, I'm not convinced it was chance that Lila got through her first winter without being sick once and caught a cold shortly after I stopped breastfeeding.  In addition to that, it does feel totally different feeding her a bottle than it did breastfeeding.   I don't believe in all the other statistics.  One could argue that the statistics showing that low income families breastfeed less could also co-incide with the fact that they also have inferior nutrients for the rest of their childhoods and that could be what's leading to the obesity, diabetes etc.
  • And I just reached HT's insert.   Then NP's.  Now I'm sitting here wondering if there's a connection between A1 and Will's plethora of expressions.
  • Sam - Andy (my Andy, not yours, in case you were confused) ingested a few microscopic ounces of breast milk.  He has not had so much as a sniffle in his first 11 months.  He has, however, had a nasty case of a "stomach bug."My niece, never having any amount of breast milk, has had one fever in her life.  She is almost 8.I hear about how breast milk is an immunity booster.  But I can't help but think that this falls under the, "every baby is different" nonsense.I don't know if I have a point here.  I am in a quiet house, on a Friday night, with far too much wine at my disposal. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards