Registry and Gift Forum

Thank You Cards

I'm a first-class procrastinator, and now I'm not sure what to do. I had the most beautiful wedding shower, and afterwards I got completely caught up in wedding plans. I never sent out my shower gift thank you cards! Now we've just returned from our honeymoon (which was AWESOME!), and I'm not sure how to approach the thank you cards. Should I send out initial shower cards first to those people and then separate thank you cards for wedding gifts? Or can I include both gifts on the same thank-you card? I don't want people to worry that we didn't receive their wedding gift if they receive the first shower gift thank you card not mentioning it. I know I'm so late with the shower gift thank you cards-- I just don't want to make it worse! Thanks!

Re: Thank You Cards

• How many weeks before the wedding was the shower? The shower and gifts should really be two separate cards. IMO, combining the two just draws attention to the fact you didn't send cards. I would send the shower cards ASAP and make sure that your message references the shower specifically: "it was so wonderful to see you at the shower, thank you for the shower gift. We will be using the blender daily." Wait about 5 days and then send the wedding thank yous.
  • People took the time and money to go out and get you two separate gifts.  The least you can do is write them two separate notes.  Cancel all your plans for this weekend and do them all, separate ones for the shower and the wedding, and get them all in the mail on Monday. 
  • Send teh shower thank you cards tonight This saturday you and FI need to sit down and do the wedding thank you cards. Yes those that attend your shower get 2 thank you cards
  • Totally agree with pp's. Sit down and do the shower ones on a set of stationery or cards.  Then take a few days, sit down with a new set of stationery or cards and do the wedding ones.
  • Send the shower TY notes now - on pretty paper.Then, either on the same or different pretty paper, get started on the wedding TY notes. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards