Florida-West Coast

Renting Jewelry

The post below got me thinking...I can't wear fake jewelry in my ears, however I really want to do a big earring and real is a little out of my price range.Does anyone know where I could rent jewelry.. I know of bagborrowsteal.com and I've check there but they don't have anything. Also I've seen jewelry made with rhodium and i'm curious if that would work for me (since i wear white gold w/o a problem)

Re: Renting Jewelry

• edited December 2011
    Rhodium would probably work because that is really what white gold is, it gets plated with rhodium.  I have no suggestions on renting, BUT most places offer a 30 days return policy SO (not that I usually advocate this.... BUT!) you could probably buy something then take it back after the wedding!! :)
  • edited December 2011
    Ang - I actually thought about that LOL, Kay has a 90 return policy.. but i'm not sure I could bring myself to do this... However I have a pretty good relationship with the manager (I buy a little too much jewelry) and I'm sure he would be cool with me doing this if I was upfront about it.Also thats another concern I have if it's plated I don't think it will work, I got my ears pierced with golf plated earrings and it got infected :( me and my stupid sensitive skin...
  • edited December 2011
    ** gold LOL... not golf
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah but that was probably some cheap metal withgold plated over the top.  Usually it is yellow gold with Rhodium plating.  That is why white gold starts to turn yellow like that.  I worked at Zales part time over the holidays and am still thinking about doing that with a bracelet, haha! :)
  • edited December 2011
    Scott Kay has a hypoallergenic metal called palladium.  It is cheaper, but looks like white gold or platinum.  He is a real advocate for this metal, you should look into it.
  • edited December 2011
    Try http://www.adornbrides.com/. Really beautiful pieces, but somewhat on the pricey side. 
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks! I look there!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards