Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

FFF: Flame Free Friday!

Re: FFF: Flame Free Friday!

• juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So long as they're not promoting their business or bad mouthing others I think that it's okay.  I think that's what the Knot gods intended.  However, posting a link in your siggy to your business is dumb.
    edited December 2011
    PS:  I am going to see Mandy in "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers" tomorrow night with Bill.  I can't wait!!!!  That's not the only reason I'm going to see it.  I've been watching that movie since I was ten.
  • edited December 2011
    "WHATEVA" ;)
  • edited December 2011
    you all accused CallieKnot of also being Shelley. You all mentioned the picture of a little girl on the website and her name was Callie. I was only a lurker then, but even I remember that. So now, you've gone from accusing CallieKnot of also being Shelley to getting up in arms because I questioned her wedding date? What are you talking about??  No one has ever accused Callie of being Shelley.  I've been on here for a year and a half and I don't have a clue what you're talking about.
    edited December 2011
    I think it's time for someone to take her nap.  Abbey, you said that you didn't comment on photography posts but you did early today. 
  • edited December 2011
    Abbey really? Point is that it is just pure stupid that you are on here posing as somebody else. I think the person at fault is not breaking the rules with that intention of doing so. I don't even think she realizes it because she has been around for so long. I am sure she will see this and realize what she is doing, and will stop because that is the type of person she is.
  • almoyoalmoyo member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The "chit chatty" comment was about all of the NWR posts. There is nothing wrong with that, but it is very in-line with what ArtTeacher often did.The fact that the first comment anyone ever noticed you make was letting me know that I got what I deserved by not hiring Toi is what didn't win me over.
    edited December 2011
    I'm not awesome so I know it's not me.  :-)  Notice now that we're not even talking about her being Shelley anymore.  She's made because she thinks another vendor is getting away with something.
    edited December 2011
    PS:  Shelley's Bio on TK says she was just married.  Her bio on The Nest says that she's been married since 2006.  Curiouser and curiouser.
  • edited December 2011
    You're not really considered a newcomer anymore
  • almoyoalmoyo member
    edited December 2011
    Give me a break!Have a waaaaaaaamburger and some french cries.
  • tnickel06tnickel06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Totally nonrelated to what's going on...lolBut I have been watching the Say Yes to the Dress marathon on TLC all day and it makes me wish that I hadn't bought my dress already so I could go dress shopping.  
  • edited December 2011
    Even if I did not say anything somebody else would have. How many times are you going to repeat yourself about you being a teacher and blah blah? I can read and I am sure everyone else on the board saw it the first 2 or 3 times you wrote it.1) You did not come around till people started calling out Toi. 2)The way you speak (type) is just like her, and just like Toi you are always quick to call somebody else out. There is no reason for anyone else to believe callie_knot is a vendor, the only person who has accused her is you. Not to mention the fact that she is not even a regular poster. Nor do I see her flaunt her vendors obviously you know something that the rest of us don't right?
  • edited December 2011
    I just busted out laughing at Allisons comment!
  • prlmrg08prlmrg08 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    WOW. seriously. WOW. I dont know what else to say.
  • appletango85appletango85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Abbey for what it's worth...if it comes out that you aren't shelley/toi everyone here will be quick to apologize as well. And if you are...you're screwed.Just sayin.LOL :)
  • BanannaPBanannaP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Aw, man, what did I miss all afternoon!!
  • dfwgirliegirldfwgirliegirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I never read the FFF so I am a bit confused.  Are we supposed to FLAME or not flame?  I am sure it should be obvious, right? Anyway....people get married on whatever day they choose for whatever reason.  I am getting married on a Thursday.  (not the same as tuesday but still an "off" day).  My reasoning is to honor someone who was very important in my life, who is no longer with us.  Just because a wedding is not on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday does not make it a fake wedding or weird.Also....so vendors are no allowed to post?  Or they can as long as they do not promote thier business?  I mean they get married too, right?  (Don't worry....my job involves events, but I do not desire to work on any weddings but my own, no offense....I have enough to keep me busy)Tiff
  • appletango85appletango85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    dfwgirlie - bc vendors still get married they can post as brides...but not as vendors promoting their business. Does that make more sense?
  • mandasue178mandasue178 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    First of all, I always miss all the good stuff. Not fair! Abbey, you're no newbie, so stop playing that card. You know how this board works, so if you can't take it, then why are you still here? Furthermore, I know for a fact that the girls on this board apologize when they're wrong. If anyone knows that, it's Apple. I was one of many who were really hard on her, and now she's one of my favorite people. Everyone gets burned on here at some point or another, so just get over it. If you are Toi/Shelley or any other vendor, eventually it's going to come out, and it'll be far uglier than today was. Today was mild. Get over it.
    Becoming My Mother
    Names for our Currently Non-Existent Baby Anniversary
    Dx: PCOS 3/11
    **TTC buddies with Browneyedhunni85**
  • emylianaemyliana member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    okay everyone,  i read all the posts...yes, allllllllll of them, and then i went to dinner with my husband...rene and her dad and all the comments posted about them kept coming to my mind so i just felt the need to posti don't think it's okay for us to call her dad bad names or say really negative things about him...no, i don't agree with his beliefs...none of us do...but we are all rene's supporters and her friends...even though we don't agree with what her dad has done or his beliefs or actions, she does still love him bc he's her dad...it's got to make it all even worse for her to have all kinds of ppl call him bad namesrene, i'm sorry you've had to go through difficulties with your dad and his beliefs...i'm sure it's the way he was brought up and he just, sadly, doesn't know better...most of my family is the same way, and it's unfortunate they can't open up their minds...but i pray that after seeing you guys say your vows to eachother with loving hearts and with time his eyes will open and his mind will change...he does love you...he just doesn't understand you right now, but i'm sure with time he will...i hope you guys had a great first weekend at home as husband and wife and i hope you enjoyed your chinese and wine!!!
  • labellagirllabellagirl member
    edited December 2011
    i'm pretty sure the reason i haven't been banned by the Nest gods is because even though i am a vendor, i don't advertise my business - even if you know what type of vendor i am, you'd really have to be looking for me to find the name of my business or even my real name as far as vendors being on the board - believe me - i know the rules about what a vendor is and isn't allowed to say - i've been on this board since 2003 and seen more than my fair share of undercover vendors - the reason i tell y'all that i'm a vendor is so that 1. no one accuses me of pretending to be a bride and 2. so that when i offer up WR advice, you know i have a clue as to what i'm talking abouti lurk a lot on the national boards and other local boards because i like to see what wedding trends people are following in other areas of the country - i also spend a lot of time on the DFW Nest board - though most of us are on the DFW Babie board because we're OMHS now and have kids - so, no i don't come over to the Knot to beg for clients i didn't realize that my occasional posts would create such an uproar - i actually thought they might help some of you - there are well over 1000 vendors in the DFW area and most of them have popped up practically overnight - since i know a lot of vendors, i try to give feedback when i can - but hey, if you don't want advice from people who've been there and done that - no biggie - i'm not offended
  • edited December 2011
    I haven't seen anything from labellagirl that seemed vendor related
    Click Here for Bio Image and video hosting by TinyPic Married June 12, 2010!
  • BanannaPBanannaP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think anyone was referring to labellagirl, but I could be mistaken. Since she doesn't even mention what kind of  a vendor she is, like she said, how could we even find her?
  • edited December 2011
    Renee I want to aplogize for saying jerk. I was implying about him being a jerk in this cituation not that he is a jerk, I don't know him to come to that conclusion. lallebellgirl(sp?) my comment was not directed at you but a knottie who is a regular. Any information I have seen you give is helpful, not flaunty your buisness around for everyone to see. Abbeynjames is trying to call out any vendor to take the attetion off her. Abbeynjames you have been around for longer then three weeks. You have never introduced yourself and mainly only comment when you can voice your opinion on someone else. If I remember correctley you are the one who flaunted Toi biz and then tried to take back what you said.
  • edited December 2011
    Wow, I missed a lot of this since I left after finishing work yesterday.  I hesitate to get into the fray since I don't really know which side is correct in this battle, but I believe it's safer/better to be cautious in approaching a situation like this than to apologize after-the-fact in the instances where one might be wrong.Yes, there are some things that are so blatant that an accusation or stern comment is justified (e.g., take that advertising link out of your siggy), but does it have to be so harsh for things that are based on speculation?  Why not ask questions before pointing fingers so that the person can have her say without feeling like she's stuck in a witch trial?
  • mandasue178mandasue178 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Abbey, I'd watch it. I never called you a vendor. All I said was that if you were, it would come out. Believe me, if you aren't that'll be clear as well. And IF you have only been posting for three weeks I can promise it wasn't "very little" because if it was "very little" I wouldn't remember you posting. You've been on this board long enough to know there has been vendor related drama, so if you aren't a vendor, then start actually participating. You have no pictures, no bio, no countdown, and I don't think you've ever STARTED a single post that was relating to your own wedding. If it is, as your knot produced bio states an "ndoor extravaganza, budget approx. $50,000" you'd have questions. And lots of them.
    Becoming My Mother
    Names for our Currently Non-Existent Baby Anniversary
    Dx: PCOS 3/11
    **TTC buddies with Browneyedhunni85**
  • almoyoalmoyo member
    edited December 2011
    Well said, Mandasue.
  • edited December 2011
    i don't think it's okay for us to call her dad bad names or say really negative things about him...no, i don't agree with his beliefs...none of us do...but we are all rene's supporters and her friends...even though we don't agree with what her dad has done or his beliefs or actions, she does still love him bc he's her dad...it's got to make it all even worse for her to have all kinds of ppl call him bad namesI thought this same thing. I'm really glad you said it since I didn't take a stand!
    edited December 2011
    Abbey,If you're not a vendor then why point fingers at others? 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards