Getting in Shape

Working out

So, I have been taking the dog for a walk this week but I want to start doing my biggest loser dvd again. However, right now my wrist hurts soo bad that I cant even hold a glass in it let alone weights.. Although, I also dont want to workout one arm & not the other & have them be differnt.. if thats possible...What should I do? Workout without weights? Use light weights in my good hand? I dunno but I really wanna workout more than just a small 2 mile walk ( stopping every 2 mins for the dogs pee break).
Photobucket

Re: Working out

• NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    How long has your wrist hurt now? Is it getting any better or is it still the same? If its not improving, I know it will cost money, but you need to check it out (unless you have already). Can you do lower body weights and just abs for the time being. Most upper body weights require pressure on the wrists or use of your hands so I dont know if your wrist will accomodate even the simplest moves. Maybe just boost the cardio? I hope you start feeling better soon cause it sounds like youre in a lot of pain :(
  • Nebb- Unfortunatly, it has gotten worse.. it was only on & off for about a week but the last 2 days it has gotten so bad that its almost unbearable but it is gonna cost $200+ to get it checked out.. I guess I am worried that they are going to say that its nothing.. its not swollen just extremely painful. I figure if I broke it or sprained it then it would be swollen.. but I know I need to get it checked out.. See, I like the biggest loser dvds because the cardio really pushes me to the max... maybe I can still go for a walk but just do the cardio parts of the biggest loser and not the weights?
    Photobucket
  • Nebb- BIL is a nurse & he said he thinks I just strained it.. told me to wear a brace & see if it gets better in a couple days.
    Photobucket
  • You can definitely still do the dvd without the weights; it'll keep you moving, give you that cardio you're looking for, AND it'll still have a little strength training, except that instead of free weights you're just going with regular old body weight.  So by all means, go ahead and do it, just without the weights.I hope that wrist starts feeling better soon!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Closed on our house 4-15-11!
  • I run with my dogs everyday and theyre ALWAYS stopping to pee it makes me so mad cause I know they got it all out on the warm-up walk, the rest is just recreational peeing lol. But yeah, do the video without the weights, why not?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards