• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
March 2010 Weddings

Send Off?

Long time, no post...I know...Question, Ladies...any ideas about a send off from the reception? My girlfriend just got married over the weekend and they did sparklers and a HOT vintage bently (very very HOT and the pictures are FANTASTIC!)I did not think about a send off until I saw what she did, but now I feel like I cannot do it...any suggestions? what are you guys doing?
Expecting Two Little Knuckleheads in June! BabyName TickerBabyName Ticker

Re: Send Off?

• most people i know head off to the after party with eveyone else so we'll just be getting on the bus with our guests.
  • We're doing bubbles and then leaving in our own car.
  • we're having an after-party at this cool bar right across from our venue.  the huge send-off sounds nice, but also sounds like a big expense. 
  • We hope (I still need to ask him...) to use my uncles classic Rolls Royce as our limo for the day...so I want to do the send off to the car thing.  Sparklers would have been great because it would have looked fantastic under the big Glen Echo sign at night...*sigh*only my friends will know I took her idea...my family will have no idea, so maybe...
    Expecting Two Little Knuckleheads in June! BabyName TickerBabyName Ticker
  • If you love the Sparklers I say go for it!! You could just tell the other bride that you thought her idea was so fantastic you want to do it too!! Imitation is the greatest from of flattery. :)
  • I just made a post about this on another bopard today we are thinking of doing ribbon wands if you you checkout my planning blog in my siggy there's a post all about the ribbonn wand send off.. hope it helpss
  • I don't know that you can't do sparklers just 'cause she did them.  Assuming your wedding's in March since that's the board we're on, that's about 8 months apart... and I've seen sparklers at a lot of weddings lately.  It does make awesome pics -- so if you want it, go for it! =]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards