Snarky Brides

Mo

Apologies if I missed it or if this is too foffing nosy- but how are things going with your guy? Did you get on the same page?

"The meek shall inherit the earth" isn't about children. It's about deer. We're all going to get messed the fuckup by a bunch of cloned super-deer.- samfish2bcrab

Sometimes I wonder if scientists have never seen a sci-fi movie before. "Oh yes, let's create a super species of deer. NOTHING COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG." I wonder if State Farm offers a Zombie Deer Attack policy. -CaliopeSpidrman

Re: Mo

• It's cool. My life is an open book. Let's see...gosh. We had The Talk, and then the The Talk 2.0. We are going to keep going how we were before. Casual. If one of us decides to move on, ok. But we enjoy each other's company and don't see any reason to stop hanging out and going on dates. It's almost as if we missed a window to move on a little bit more seriously. I was dating 2 guys for a time, and into the other one more than NG. I think that time probably coincided with the time we would have moved forward, had I been paying attention. So, we're still open to date other people. I was a little suprised at first, but I really like that we both know where we stand. About 3 weeks after The Talks, an old classmate contacted me via FB, and we've gone out 3 times now. He's actually coming over tonight for sushi and a movie at my place. He's nice. VERY gentleman-ly, which is new for me. We never really talked in school (all the way back to 2nd grade), so it's kind of like dating a brand new person, with just enough background to know he isn't crazy.
  • And it didn't help that we were both coming out of divorces. I think there's an unspoken rule for that need to keep your distance. Is that how it was for you after your divorce as well?
  • Since I married young I also divorced young. So at 22 when I was ready to start dating again if I wanted to date a divorced man he would have either been way older or as dumb as I was. I wasn't in to either. Although looking back I was apparently into shallow guys trying to seem deep to get laid. Hmm. My one rule was until or unless we were serious Bug didn't know we were dating. I let them meet her as long as they understood that they would just be another friend when we were around her. Mr M was the only one who made it past that, but we already knew each other and kind of knew where we were probably headed before we got to that point. I love hearing your dating stories. Dating with my head screwed on right was a very short period of my life, as much as I love Mr M and feeling settled I kinda miss it too. All the hookups and uncertainty and initial feelings when you're smart and grown up about it is fun to live vicariously. I also liked giving my dates nicknames like Joe the Nihilist or Glasgow.I'm not sure if I should say too bad about NG or not. I know what you mean about windows and I've personally never been one to do more than sigh a couple of times about what could have been. And sushi guy sounds like he might be fun. As long as he doesn't insist on being so gentlemanly as to shut the door you just opened because he should have been the one to open it.

"The meek shall inherit the earth" isn't about children. It's about deer. We're all going to get messed the fuckup by a bunch of cloned super-deer.- samfish2bcrab

Sometimes I wonder if scientists have never seen a sci-fi movie before. "Oh yes, let's create a super species of deer. NOTHING COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG." I wonder if State Farm offers a Zombie Deer Attack policy. -CaliopeSpidrman
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards