Michigan-Detroit
Options

am i out of my mind?

FMIL strikes again...I'm not sure if I vented about her "genious" idea to have naked baby pictures of FI and I blown up, framed and on display at the wedding and calling it the naked truth.  I found out about it and everyone was under strict orders to not give up any of my naked baby pictures for this little charade.  Well I guess she was at my mom's house the other day and snuck into my baby album and stole the picture and told my mom she was taking it and it would "be really cute"Also, she wants us to go out to her house on Sunday and spend the day with her to just hang out.  No wedding planning allowed.  FYI - no out of town people will be there - just FI, me and the in laws.  Am I crazy for thinking she's crazy for thinking I would even consider doing this less than 1 week out from the wedding.  Ummm I have just a few things to do that day.ugh

Re: am i out of my mind?

• Options
    liza0828liza0828 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh hellz to the no. Do you have a DOC?  If you do, tell her to take those suckers down ASAP.  Or, she can "accidentally" bump into them and smash them to bits. That is seriously one of the goofiest things I have ever heard on the Knot and that is saying something.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    sunkissed212sunkissed212 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Uh I seriously think I would blow a gasket if I saw blown up naked baby pictures of myself (and/or FI) at my wedding! Heads would be rolling! you're not crazy...she's crazy!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    TTC #1 since 8/2010...2 years, 6 IUI's and 1 m/c later...
    08/2012 IVF #1, 2 5-day blasts transferred 8/19 = BFP! Beta 1 (8/28)=241, Beta 2 (8/30)=457, Beta 3 (9/5)=3,813, u/s 9/13=Twins!, u/s 9/21=Surprise...there's one more! TRIPLETS!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    kinda what i figured - i have my DOC under strict orders to not allow her to set up any displays.  i also let the venue know that as well.  sometimes i just don't understand the woman
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    you could always have your DOC and the venue tell her that it is in the contract that they do not allow nudity of any sort on their premisis =)   GL! and you are not crazy at all!
    FINALLY! My Reviews

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow-GL!! And, no you're not crazy! That's one of the most bizarre ideas I've ever heard of; it's definitely not "genius".
  • Options
    eclipsethecateclipsethecat member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No youre not crazy. MIL can be the spawn of satan sometimes.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What's the venue? I'll make a stop there on the way to the reception & take care of it. Worry no more!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    jesus! someone restrain that crazie... like PP said, should have the venue manager and DOC agree to say nudie pics aren't allowed - for your sanity!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Haha, I would KILL my MIL if she wanted to do something like that! As for hanging out and not doing anything WR, really?  Like you don't have anything to do!  Wow.  Need a drink?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    OMG what is this lady's deal??  Does she not realize that this is embarrassing to the parties involved to have bigger-than-life photos of their you-know-whats on display to 200+ of their closest frineds and relatives????  WTF??  I'd find a pic of her in her birthday suit to put on display and tell her to put that in her pipe and smoke it!!!!!Agreed - tell DOC to take it down.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You poor thing! She is NUTS! Every time you post something I think, "Ok, it can't get worse for her." And then it does!I already told my mom and sister that I don't want to talk about anything unless it's wedding related, lol.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    yeah i'm ready to hook up the vodka iv.  whatev - i'm putting FI in charge of her madness
  • Options
    cravecasecravecase member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow and I thought mine was a nut.  I would let your FI speak with her seriously, and put everyone you can in charge of getting them out of there asap.  How awful!  I hope it works out!
  • Options
    TruchanaTruchana member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Holy crap!!  yeah I would totally not be about the naked truth thing.  I would turn a bridezilla and be like, this is MY wedding and I say NO!Why does she want to hang out the weekend before the wedding without talking about the wedding?  I don't get it.  You are going to have a ton of crap to do.  I mean, this is something that should've been done a while ago!  Why not just have you guys over for dinner or something to have some bonding time.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards