Massachusetts-Boston

***jenwindy and other dress lovers***

Remember the one shoulder Anne Barge dress that I fell in love with after watching "Say Yes to the Dress"?  Well, the other day, one of my friends was tagged on FB standing next to someone who looked strangely familiar.  It kept nagging at me until I finally realized that the friend was the same girl who tried on the amazing Anne Barge! Weird, isn't it?Anyways, nobody IRL would appreciate my "a-ha" moment, so I figured I would share with you guys. 

Re: ***jenwindy and other dress lovers***

• edited December 2011
    What a small world! :o)  P.S. loooove that dress!
  • edited December 2011
    JB, if I'm ever invited to a fancy schmancy gala event, I'm going to find a dressmaker to do this in black for me!
  • edited December 2011
    You're still thinking about that dress, aren't you? Knew it!! Glad you figured it out 'cause now you know whose house you're breaking into tonight!And don't feel bad. I'm terrible with faces and it takes me forever to get that "a-ha" moment, if ever. The worse case is when some lanky tall, blond fellow came into the retail store where I was working during my high school years. I helped him out, and later someone told me it was Larry Bird. Of course I didn't know what Mr. Bird looked like and to this day I still don't know if it was him. Oh well! Really.love.that.dress.
  • edited December 2011
    How gorgeous would that be? :o
  • edited December 2011
    foolforfood your dress was better
  • edited December 2011
    aarchidi has a good point. Yours was great, especially with the whole bustle in back.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks guys!!  Although I love my dress, I still wish I could've worn 10 dresses, one after another, like meal courses.  Jen, that's such a great story.  I assume you met Larry Bird when you were in Michigan?  It would be sacrilege otherwise.  Sorta like bashing the Kennedys or admitting to ppl that you've never been to the Cape.
  • edited December 2011
    Ha! I know that feeling. You're talking to a 4-dress bride here.. not including my tea ceremony dress.You're right. I'd probably be burned at the stake if I said I didn't know who Larry Bird is after living in Boston for 5 years. I was still in Michigan at the time, with no clue about basketball. ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards