New Hampshire

Get Down Tonight Entertainment???

Hi ladies! I don't usually post here becuase I'm mostly onf the Boston board or my Monthly board but but I have a question about this company and since it's based in NH I was hoping you all might have the answers or thoughts!  Has anyone used them or have any rants/raves? Also if you have used them or looked into them are they pricey??? We're considdering changing our DJ with only a few months left to go. Any thoughts would be great! Thanks!

Re: Get Down Tonight Entertainment???

• edited December 2011
    My photographer recommended them to me when I met with her. She said that they get great reviews and that they are under $1000. Not sure what you're looking to spend. FI and I are probably going to just have some songs on an ipod and get one of our friends to DJ so I didn't really look in to them. Sorry I can't elaborate more. Good luck though! :)
  • edited December 2011
    Funny you say this... Im in the process of changing our DJ as we speak and I have been in contact with Get Down Tonight... they have been great so far!
  • edited December 2011
    my brother used i think... rick.. for his wedding and it was AWESOME! he was one of the pricier DJ's... like $1500.. but they do have a really wide range. when we looked at the, it ranged from probably about $600-$1500.. they also have videos that you can watch to get a feel for the DJ... a lot of reception halls that offer packages use them, so i think you'll be ok!the DJ we went with for my wedding was Dave Lynch (who actually *used* to work for Get Down Tonight and now runs his own company) and he was amazing! he cost us $849.. hope that helps!
  • lilybrad10lilybrad10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My photographer recommends them as well but we decided to go with a band.
  • richkatmrichkatm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much! This helps a ton! We're definitely looking to spend under $1,000 but I fear that on such short notice (2months) that might not be possible. We went to a wedding where they DJ'd and it was awesome but I wanted other views on this before going further. Thanks again!!
  • Court8181Court8181 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A little late to the conversation, but we booked Get Down Tonight and have nothing but great things to say about them.  They have a ton of DJ's to choose from, all with very different styles, so you should be able to find someone with a style that you are looking for.  I *think* the prices range from $800-$1500 and we went with Bob Kirby who charges $1200 for 5 hours.  Hope that helps! 
  • Mrs BabsMrs Babs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using them. Our DJ is Ben Woodhouse and he is $870 for 5.5 hours. GL!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • richkatmrichkatm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you!!! You guys are awesome!
  • ninnypooperninnypooper member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We changed our DJ just a few months before the wedding as well. I recommend contacting a few agencies and asking them who they still have available and their prices. I contacted 3 agencies (Get Down Tonight Entertainment, A Main Event DJs, and A Goodtime DJs) and they were able to give me those lists. From there we watched videos of those within our price range and made a decision. We ended up with DJ Joe O'Leary from A Goodtime DJ. I highly recommend him. I recommend, even more, going through the same sort of process we did. You'd be surprised to see who is still available and in your price range. GL!
  • rco118rco118 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Some friends went with Jimi Carter from Get Down Tonight and loved him!GL!
  • edited December 2011
    We just booked Chad from Get Down Tonight.  We are spending 1100 for 5.5 hours.  I've heard only great things, so I'm hoping he'll do a great job!
  • edited December 2011
    Recently went to a wedding where Ben from Get Down was the DJ he was great, played what they asked and just kept the music going (which is exactly what I am looking for no silly games or anything!)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards