Hawaii

NWR: How was your Thanksgiving?

Did you stuff yourself full of turkey? Did you put up Christmas decorations this weekend at all?

Re: NWR: How was your Thanksgiving?

• McBeagsMcBeags member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Very good. Hope everyone enjoyed the holiday. I took a couple of extra days to avoid work travel. Have been off since Wed of last week. Tough coming back. House is decorated for Christmas. I love the decor...it is a great little break from the normal look of the house. 

The chill of winter has started to set in. I am now wondering why we didn't set our date for this winter rather than May...I am ready to escape now. 
  • AKWinterBrideAKWinterBride member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am so sad Thanksgiving is over, it was a great week!  We started out with ice storms, so I got out of my long commute and got to work from the office just down the hill from my house.  I swear it was like vacation!  Thanksgiving was nice, we just had our families and it was nice and relaxed.
    During the weekend I tried to find some motivation to go Black Friday shopping but eh, not feeling it! 
    So, we put up our Christmas trees instead.  The house looks so pretty, I love it! 
    Photobucket Photobucket Anniversary
  • kimmykupcakeskimmykupcakes member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We went up to Seattle for Thanksgiving to spend with my family.  It was a quick trip of going up Thursday morning and came back Friday afternoon.  We did that so we could decorate and do some more unpacking the rest of the weekend though.

No turkey for me.  My fiance, daughter and I are all vegetarian.  A little over half of my family is, as well so we had a field roast instead.  Any of you every had one?  They are soooooo good.

When we got back we got out the Christmas decorations and my honey hung the lights on our house.  It was so exciting for me to see it all done.  It's our first Christmas since we bought the house and it's the first time I've ever had full on lights on a house, too.

I decorated inside the house and also got the tree up.  So far it only has lights on it.  Unfortunately, FI accidentally broke a bunch of my ornaments.  I was so sad.  I know they are just material objects, but they had a lot of meaning behind them and some were given to me by people who are no longer here.  Every one of my favorite ones broke, except for one. Now I have to buy some new ones.

Glad to hear others enjoyed their holiday!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards