New Jersey

Dress shopping in NNJ

I'd like to start dress shopping...any recommendations of where to go? I was told by a friend to try Bijou Bridal in Paramus. I live in Sussex County and I'm willing to travel. Looking for places with a big selection and I'd like to spend around $2500 or less. Thanks ladies!

Re: Dress shopping in NNJ

• edited December 2011
    Hi!  I shopped at Bijou and had a good experience until my consultant said at 7:45 p.m., "We close at 8, you'll need to get out of that dress."  Kind of rubbed me the wrong way but other than that, it was a good experience.  I also shopped at Exquisite in Millburn (great experience but didn't find my gown there) and ultimately ordered my gown from Priscilla of Boston in Short Hills.  Linda was my consultant and was fabulous.  Good luck :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • maddie7maddie7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I thought this place near Sussex looked nice when I was looking:

http://www.myweddingatlizclintons.com/home5a.html

My friend got hers there.  I went to NYC because I wanted a Pronovias gown.
  • edited December 2011
    I went to Bijou and loved it.  After liking 2 dresses and leaving the store to go elsewhere, I stopped back in later that day to look at the 2 dresses again and my consulant squeezed me in before her next appt even though I had just dropped in unscheduled.
    ExerciseMilestone image
  • kozacskozacs member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had a great experience at Exquisite Bride in Millburn and got my dress at Bijou Bridal. 
  • edited December 2011

Just to throw another name out there:
    I just bought my dress at Park Avenue Bridal and had a wonderful experience. They have a huge selection and you'll get a lot of mileage out of your price point there.
    Best of luck!!!

imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • vickilynn730vickilynn730 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Enelda's in Sparta or Sew & Sew Bridal in Lafayette...Both are very helpful
  • edited December 2011
    I had a great experience at Hollywood Bridal in Kennilworth.
    Visit The Nest!
  • edited December 2011
    Tina's Bridal in Totowa.  She is the sweetest lady, and has a great selection of gowns. The best part is alterations are included! I got my dress there the other day, and it was $500 cheaper then at Bridals by Roma.  That said Bridals by Roma had AHUGE selection.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the suggestions girls!!!
  • Nikki83185Nikki83185 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Same experience as above with Bridals by Roma...they have a huge selection but saw my dress after I bought it at Romas for $400 less at Hollywood in Kenilworth. Park Ave in Verona also has a big selctions...you could probably do all 3 in one day they arent too far from eachother!

• edited December 2011
    The wedding store at Liz Clinton on 206 in Andover!  I got my dress there as well as all my bridesmaids dresses.....The people there are  great!!!
  • yoko2011yoko2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would check out Sew & Sew Bridal in Lafayette on 15.  I was pleasantly surprised by the variety of dresses and price ranges. The staff was really helpful and knowledgeable as well.
  • edited December 2011
    You can try Something Special in Wycoff or Jae Hee Bridal in Englewood.  Those are the first two that pop into my head in Bergen County.
  • NJgurl19NJgurl19 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's far but you said you are willing to travel. I would recc Bridal's by Sandra in PA they are awesome, huge selection ask for Katherine she was great.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    If your over by Park Ave bridals, go down the road and check out Arlene's bridal in Bloomfield. They have a great selection, incredibly nice, and I  got my dress there :)
  • sdemauro75sdemauro75 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Tina at Tina's Bridal is wonderful. It is a personalized experience...not a huge place and she has a great selection for reasonable prices. She is located on Minnesink Rd in Totowa... 973-785-2255

I am getting our bridesmaid dresses through her. She carries mostly  Maggie Sottero. The dresses are gorgous. For bridesmaids she carries, Jordan, Bill Levkoff, Impressions, aAfred Angelo and I believe a few others.

I used to work for Tina and wouldn't stear anyone in the wrong direction on this very special day!

Good Luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards