New York-Hudson Valley

Reviews for 7.17 wedding (little long)

Hi ladies, I read through posts during the wedding prep but only posted a little. i thought I would share my vendors and experiences from my wedding on Friday, July 17th. Lavinias, I used for both my gown and the bridesmaids. I had a great experience, there was a minor last minute issue, but it was fixed in minutes. The prices for the dresses are average, maybe a little on the low side, but alterations seemed a little high to me, but I love Lavinia. APearl River Florist, Great to deal with. Very reasonable prices and helpful. They were off on the colors for some of the groomsmen flower pin things and the table flower petals, but it matched so I didn't flip out. BThe View on the Hudson, Beautiful place. Had a great experience with Howard. Food, view, service before and during the party were all top notch and worth every penny. A+Duet, photographer and videographer. I found out about them from friends on Long Island. (and had seen them in action and their end results) They are based out there and also have an office in Manhattan. You will not find a better photographer and videographer for the money! I'm not saying their work is sub-par in the least. They are amazing and were my favorite vendor to deal with so far. I haven't seen the end result yet, but their track record and what I've seen them do is just beautiful. They were nonstop taking pics and were still in the background the whole time. Just check out their website http://www.duetwedding.com/. A+++Paper Moon Designs, invitations. I was recommended to them through a friend. Its out of a house in Garnerville, NY and Debbie, the owner was great. All in all good experience and would recommend. AFlipside Entertainment, DJ. We used them for a previous family party a few years back and when we first met with the owner, Chris we had a really good feeling and booked immediately. They are reasonably priced and a great DJ. I always thought food and DJ were the top 2 things to look for in a wedding and this DJ did not disappoint. AComfort Inn, Nanuet NY - The hotel was good, no complaints. AThe Westin, Aruba, honeymoon. We loved Aruba, it was a great choice for a vacation, especially a honeymoon. The hotel was fine, it wasn't super fancy or ghetto at all, but the service wasn't that great and we had to move rooms after the first one smelled like mold but they did upgrade us to a better room. We didn't do all inclusive and I'm very happy about that. We tried a different restaurant for dinner every night. If anyone is planning on going to Aruba, here are my recommendations: Eat dinner at El Goucho, Amazonia, Le Petit Cafe. Do a Sunset Cruise (but not Pelican Tours, the alcohol was disgusting), make sure to rent out a palapa at the beach (umbrella hut thing) early every morning b/c you'll need some shade, the sun is brutal out there. B+I think thats all for now but if I think of anything else I'll post it, hope it was helpful, let me know if anyone has questions or anything. Happy Planning!!! <3

Re: Reviews for 7.17 wedding (little long)

• lawyer707lawyer707 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    glad to see a good review on the View on the Hudson. I'm getting married there in about a month!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I'm glad everything went well for you.  I'd be interested in hearing more about Paper Moon Designs & Flipside Entertainment.  Thank you!
  • mmo510mmo510 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sounds like your day was great!  Thanks for the reviews.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards