Texas-San Antonio
Options

Photographers??

Ladies, Again...total rookie move on my part....paid $100 deposit at the bridal expo for Limelight San Antonio, now I'm rethinking that decision. We have NOT signed a contract yet, so I'm looking into other options. What are your thoughts on limelight? Any thoughts on Da Veck Studios?

Re: Photographers??

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think what's going to make or break who you get is what sort of budget you're considering for the photographer. I've heard good things about Limelight though my only issue with them was when I asked for an appointment to consult with with at the fair they said they'd call me monday and I didn't get a call until wednesday. Needless to say that was a deal breaker for me. If you say you're doing to do something do it.Instead I went with Caitlin's Creations and just absolutely love her work. She's very laid back and makes you feel comfortable taking pictures. I usually hate getting pictures done but I had a lot of fun getting my engagement photos taken.
  • Options
    laaauralaaaura member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would not go with Da Veck, my best friend used them and hated her pictures. Don't do it. Please. I used Whitney Lee from Austin and she's amaaaazing. The Nichols from Austin are amazing too. A lot of people on the board have used Caitlin's Creations and recommend her.
  • Options
    armstrongshelarmstrongshel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Azini Photography is another one that is cheap.  
  • Options
    jgilbergjgilberg member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I ended up going with Stella Alesi out of Austin. I loooooved her work (not over-processed and willing to give us RAW files) and she was fun to talk with. All of the Austin photographers will travel.[url]http://www.stellaalesi.com/[/url]A lot of people recommend the Nichols (also in Austin) and Anne Marie. I also liked Pink Posh (again, Austin based). It really depends on who you click with and what their coverage looks like. I always made sure to look at all of the photos from a wedding and not just the album and the selected photos.~Julie
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Try Bend the Light. They are sooooooooo nice and easy to work with. Their pictures are awesome, too. www.bendthelight.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies. I'll check out a couple of the suggestions and make appointments:)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    A knottie several years ago used Da Veck Studios and was very happy. Her sn was winter*bride or something like that. I don't have any experience with Limelight, but just looking at their website make me weary because of the quality of some of the pictures. I used Jason Speros out of Austin, but travels to SA, and was very happy. He is very reasonably priced too.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't have any personal experience with either of those companies. I remember liking da Veck's portfolio when looking for photographers.I ended up choosing Josh Fowler Photography and have been extremely happy with him so far. Him and his wife (I think they're married by now) are both young and a lot of fun. I loved his style of photography, kind of a mix between the journalistic/artistic shots and some more traditional poses. The quality of the photos are great and you get a DVD of all of them in their original resolution. I'd say his prices are middle of the road. Here's his website:http://www.joshfowlerphotography.com/index2.php?ver=v1I have some more info about him in my bio.Good luck finding someone!
  • Options
    jdv7700jdv7700 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    is bend the light expensive.....i looked at their profile and really liked them just wondering if they are ridiculously priced or affordable??
  • Options
    MBLoveMBLove member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have to throw my two cents in on this thread because Caitlin's Creations is THE BEST! I just got my e-pics back and will post them soon. Caitlin gives a you a CD with the rights to all your images which very few other photographers do. She has been super understanding since I moved my wedding date up significantly and she is so much fun to work with. We had a really good time doing our e-pics!
    Photobucket image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would say Bend the Light is kind of middle of the road...they are not the priciest you can get but they are definitely not the cheapest. That said, I did NOT want to skimp on my photography. Out of everything on your wedding day, this is going to be the one thing you have to remember it by and have to display to other people. I definitely think it is worth it to pay a little more. Also w/Bend the Light you get TWO photographers and total rights to your images after the big day. You don't get this with a lot of other photographers.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks fellow knotties:) I will do some research!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Caitlin just shot my wedding and I already have pictures back!  She is absolutely awesome and reasonable!!! 
    Photobucket

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

William born 7/12/2000
    Andrew born 10/30/2011 (9lb 4oz at 37 weeks)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That's Caitlin's Creations - [url]<a href="http://www.ccportraitdesign.com" rel='nofollow'>www.ccportraitdesign.com</a>[/url]
    Photobucket

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

William born 7/12/2000
    Andrew born 10/30/2011 (9lb 4oz at 37 weeks)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Has anyone worked with or heard of the Photography Shoppe? I am thinking of using them but have yet to meet someone who knows anything about them.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    UPDATE....met with Bend the Light...SUPER pricey for what we were looking for. Their "basic" package sounds great, but once you start adding "a la carte" items in we were way over budget. YEsterday we met Josh Fowler and his wife (of 3 weeks..they are so cute) and LOVED them. The quality of their work was wonderful and their price packages were AWESOME. He's definitly willing to compromise with pricing when you start building package. Love them!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards