DC

number of guests

Chanel8174Chanel8174 member
First Comment
Hey Washingtonians! Just curious.. How many people are you all inviting to your wedding (those on a 10k give or take) budget. I am planning to only invite 50 guests....because food is 100pp but it seems like it will look very empty to me hmmm

Re: number of guests

• edited December 2011
    Our budget is about 12K and we have 108 guests attending.  Our food is much less expensive than yours though.  Also, don't worry about the room looking empty....people won't even be worrying about that!
  • edited December 2011
    My budget is around there, and I'm inviting 150 people.  Then again, I'm planning on spending around $20 per person, and after looking around, I'm pretty sure I can do it.I'm sure you can find a venue where fifty guests doesn't make the room look empty, so I wouldn't worry about it.
  • Chanel8174Chanel8174 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    wow. 20.00 a person that's awesome!!!!!
  • edited December 2011
    It's really because we're having a BBQ reception.  We didn't do it just to save money (but it sure has helped!); my FI is from Texas, and pork/meat in general/BBQ has always been my favorite, so it really just worked out.  We haven't even looked at caterers who don't do BBQ.If you don't have things set in motion yet, and if the price per head is what is keeping you from inviting more of your friends and family, I would maybe try to find another caterer to work with you.  Then again, if the caterer is your favorite part, I guess I wouldn't change it.  I just know that trying out different BBQ places has been my FI's favorite part of the planning process, so I'm really reluctant to settle on one caterer yet!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm in that budget range and so far I'm inviting 80 people (although it might go up to ~ 110), with $45/head.
  • edited December 2011
    We're inviting 175 people, we figure only about 150 will come but we're working on 15K budget. My venue is "not for profit" so they're charging us $25 per meal. We're having prime rib and hand wrapped chicken cordon bleu.
  • edited December 2011
    Christine...where are you having your wedding with that kind of deal?!!?
  • edited December 2011
    The American Legion in Fairfax. $25 doesn't include drinks but we can bring our own liquor. When my mom told me to look at the American Legion, I cringed. When I think Legion I think old run down bingo hall. Not at all the case in Fairfax. They've got a big banquet room with high ceilings, a smaller room with a bar attached for cocktails and a deck. We couldn't have gotten a better deal!
  • fabtularfabtular member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had about 70 guests and spent around 10K. Our venue didn't look empty because it was small.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards