Washington-Seattle

Sarack

So where did you camp out to get this Venue and which Venue is it? I know I am snoopy but curious has all get out. Maybe

Re: Sarack

• edited December 2011
    haha, first, I can't believe I decided to camp out last night. It was SO unneccessary. Last week I went to the venue Friday morning to see if people were waiting and the guy who works there said that the last weekend in July and all of August weekends are booked quickly and people get there really early. So I took that as I needed to sleep there apparently. But, NO ONE ELSE CAME!!!!!!!!!! I feel like such an idiot but since we have already booked everything else we needed to get this place. FI and I had a good time. We are getting married at the Renton Community Center... you would think that because we had to camp out we were at the most popular place ever. Nope, the guy tricked me. BUT I'm glad to have it out of the way. And, it was another experience to add to the book. :0)
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
  • rollenburollenbu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you took any pictures while camping, the definitely need to go in your wedding album!
  • edited December 2011
    hahaha.
  • keithnjuliekeithnjulie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ok, funny story, well not really - well anyway here goes.. Our friends got married there 7/30 one year... So they were nervous because they heard the same thing... Well they got there at 3am(ish) in the morning and just hung out. Well I am not 100% sure on the times but another car came about 10 min before the RCC opened. Well they didnt think anything of it - they walked in when they opened and started going over the paperwork then the people from the other car walked in and heard them and the bride broke into tears! Right there, just lost it I guess. They said it was horrible... So long story short - be glad no one was there :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • jeannigirljeannigirl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thats awesome they could use that in their advertising that their so wanted that people camp out in front of their building to secure a booking for their wedding. You guys rock. Yes did you take pictures?
  • carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sara - I thought for sure you'd said previously your venue was the Browns Point Community Club?  Did you decide to change?  If we'd gone local, we were seriously considering Browns Point, in large part b/c you'd mentioned it on here, I did some following up with FI and others, and it's pretty.  Just curious what changed.Carrie(who wonders if you're a fellow T-Town Knottie ;) )
  • teacherpigletteacherpiglet member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sarack,I totally understand you camping out at RCC!!!  I went with my mom last Sept 12th to book for 9/12/09, but by the time I got there, mid afternoon, it was booked for the day.  So, my mom and I decided to get there early the next weekend (09/19/09).  Mom and I were there at 4:30 a.m., we didn't want to take any chances.  Needless to say while sitting in the parking lot, each time we saw headlights, I ran up to the door.  Turns out it was just people going to fish in the river.  I must have done this half a dozen times.  It was the funniest thing.  By 5:45 a.m., mom and I decided to go stand outside the door.  Again, didn't want to risk it.  The people that did line up with us were waiting to use the gym.  Ha ha ha!  I love the room!!!  I am so excited for it to all come together! The patio is amazing and a great place for the ceremony!  Love the mirrors too!     
  • edited December 2011
    keithnjulie... this is mean but when we left I told FI I was disappointed that no one else came because I wanted to see some one in tears hahahaha. I'm such a jerk! teacherpiglet... so we first did the same thing. FI didn't want to take any chances and insisted on me standing by the door while he napped in the car. LUCKILY there are really nice guys who work at night and they said we could sit by the door. FI literally slept in front of the door!!! i got sick of running to the door from the car every time i saw lights after the first like 30 minutes of being there! It's so nerve racking. (sp?) anyway, the people in the morning were laughing at us and said it was definately a record that we waited so long.carrieoz_76.. so we changed our mind for a couple reasons. First, we LOVE the place, but realized after going there a few times that it felt further and further away from everything. We only have our photographer for a certain amount of hours and I want to do our first look in Seattle and do a few pics there but it wasn't looking good with how far away Browns Point is. And our photog is freaking awesome and I wanted some more variety to our pics. Second, there is this tower, not the light house, but a metal tower that FI couldn't get over. he said it was an eyesore.  Third, we wanted to have the wedding outside but would have to rent chairs because you can't bring their chairs outside. This isn't that big of a deal but then who would carry the chairs inside? If i'm paying for chairs we're using them inside and its not that far to walk but it would take a while to bring them inside.  Fourth and final, I found out that a girl that I used to be best friends with got married there this summer. I love her and I felt bad knowing that i was getting married at the same place.. I don't think she thought anything about it but I kinda want the place to not have been used by people that I know. Maybe stupid but thats how I feel.
  • edited December 2011
    i went to visit the venue today to show a friend. the lady that helped us was there and had a story for me. she said that as i walked out a lady walked in and freaked out and started crying because we had been there.. she said she then decided to change her date andher family started yelling at her in the middle of the place.. weddings are such drama!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards