Nevada-Las Vegas

Dress Options

So I've been looking around online at dresses.  This website seems to have awesome prices!  I'm not a designer label kind of girl.  All I care about is how it looks on me.  That is the problem with online though.  Who knows how it will fit when you get it.Anyway, here are a couple dresses I really like.  I like something a little different. What do you guys think?  Anyone ever order from this website?http://www.bridalonlinestore.com/Collection/product-page.asp?q=Wedding+Dress&SKU=Emily#Page_1http://www.bridalonlinestore.com/Collection/product-page.asp?q=Wedding+Dress&SKU=J809W

Re: Dress Options

• NesJasNesJas member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I havent ordered dresses online but I love the first one. Will you get it in the red?
    The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page. ~St. Augustine
    Click Me
    Photobucket
  • thrashtobethrashtobe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i like the first one, its likle mine , but i have a champagne rim colour and beading for detail.
  • aerinpegadrakaerinpegadrak member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Be careful about gowns you see online.  The first gown I fell in love with was one from Unique Vintage.  Thankfully their store is close to me so I was able to try it on, and it didn't flatter me at all.  If you're going to order online, I would check out their return policy, and get to a bridal shop near you to try on dresses in similar cuts and/or colors to see if something like that will work for you.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • atlcatloveratlcatlover member
    edited December 2011
    Ditto pp.  The dress I wound up with is very different from what I thought I would have.  Things I liked in pictures looked terrible on me.  I would definitely go to a store and try on dresses similar in style to get a feel for what is most flattering on you.
  • edited December 2011
    Yes, I would go for the red.  I'm having my bridesmaids dresses made so I should be able to match the colour pretty good.  The problem is the groomsmen shirts can't be customized so their red might not be exact.  My mother did NOT like the red.  She wants to see me in the traditional all white of course.Yeah, I know I should go to more stores.  I live in a really small town so hit the only one within 45 minutes of me and didn't see anything there.  You are right though I need to make sure the style will suit me before ordering it.  I don't even know what my size would be.  So I have to figure all that out first.  It is just so tempting to click a button and be done with it :)
  • edited December 2011
    Go to a store and try them on something similar to what you like.  You may be suprised.  I got something totally different then what I thought I wanted. I got a dress I would have never picked for myself.   
  • edited December 2011
    I bought my dress online at edressme.com. They have sizing guides for all the different designers. Couldn't believe how beautiful it was when it arrived! their size guide said i needed a size bigger than a usually wear, and it fits perfectly. I'm 5ft 11" and it was even the perfect length, I haven't had to have it adjusted at all!
  • NesJasNesJas member
    edited December 2011
    agree with Pamila, my dress wasnt even on my list when i went looking for dresses. I tried it on and I fell in love.
    The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page. ~St. Augustine
    Click Me
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I was going to suggest ordering from David's Bridal as they have those 2 styles of dresses for fairly good prices, but noticed your in Canada... DB won't ship to Canada.  :( I'd suggest going to the bridal shop just try on different STYLES,  (ball room, a-line, mermaid, halter top, strapless, etc etc) just to give you an idea of what looks good and then venturing onto the online shopping.   eBay tends to have great deals as long as the seller is top notch, I'd have no qualms ordering from there. In fact I did order 3 dress from eBay before buying my final and last dress from DB.   LOL    (My first 3 dresses didn't even add up to $250 total & I resold them to recoup some costs) I know a girl who wore almost the exact dress of red piping, she had a few slight pickups on the skirt though.... I think she's selling it.....
  • Ray_RayRay_Ray member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    They are both beautiful, but as others have said, go to a bridal shop and try similar styles on so you know what looks good on you- and check the returns policy just in case! When we first got engaged I tried one on similar to the 2nd style but it didn't look right on me at all... one of my friends got married in the same kind of dress and looked absolutely stunning. The prices on there are fantastic though. Also, if you're worried about sizing, I'd go for a size bigger, just to be safe, as you'll probably end up needing alterations anyway so you can get it taken in.Let us know what you decide! 
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with the girls.  I LOVED this dress I found on a website but couldn't find it anywhere to try on :(  Being a Canuk, it always seems like the US has WAY cooler stuff!!  I'm lucky enough to live on the border & tried a similar dress at David's - I looked AWFUL!Your 1st dress looks like an Alfred Angelo's - google the designer & see if there's a location near you - there are a bunch of Cdn stores that carry them.  That way you can try something similar.Good luck & happy hunting!  Let us know which you picked - I like the 1st one.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the tip on what designer the 1st dress looks like. I'll see what I can find around me to try on. The more I think about it - I really am leaning with having some of the red colour in the dress. I did email the website and they are sending me a swatch of the red so I can see it in person. I am jealous about the David's Bridal stores those in the US are able to visit. Will keep you guys posted the dress journey. It is so funny there was a marathon on yesterday of the show Say Yes to the Dress - so my DVR recorded like 12 shows. That will help to get me in the mood to go shopping.
  • edited December 2011
    Just an update that I found it on the Alfred site! http://www.alfredangeloca.com/Collections/ProductDisplay.aspx?productID=11579b1d-89ad-4d6e-aa48-3d9154d69923&categoryID=f24c3867-7b3b-419c-8135-b2d0c61e116a&pg=4 I've emailed all the shops around here that carry this designer to see if they have anything similar I could try on. You can get the trim in over 55 colours - so was just playing around with a thought - is it wrong to have black on your wedding dress? The only problem with the red is getting it to match both my bridesmaids and groomsman. I was thinking how photos would look with just FI and I since he will not be wearing any red at all. I was planning to have him in this.... http://daddyos.com/retro/hipstr.html We'd look pretty sweet together both in black and white :) Decisions, decisions.
  • edited December 2011
    Nothing is wrong with ANY colour you pick! It's YOUR day remember ;)
  • edited December 2011
    Duh, forgot about how gorgeous karimychel's dress is. My FI and I were watching an episode of Yes to Dress and this girl chose a dress that had a bit of black lace on it. He was just amazed to see a wedding dress that had black on it. He seemed to really like it. Plus it is Vegas - not like in a Church back home so it would be fun to do something different.
  • edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011
    Geez. I saw a photo online of a girl my size in the black Alfred gown and ummm yeah it isn't going to look good on me. I need a higher waist for a more flattering look. Came across this site and am in love....now these styles would suit the theme of my wedding. You can customize the petticoats if you want colours. This is particularly cool - it is separates so you can have a long gown for the ceremony and change into a shorter dress for the reception! http://www.dollycouture.net/pb/wp_5c88c159/wp_5c88c159.html
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards