California-San Diego

Levyland venue

Hi,I'm new here, and just starting to plan the wedding. I was wondering if there are any Levyland brides here, or anyone who already got married at Levyland. We are seriously considering this venue, so it would be great to chat with someone who already has experience with this venue. I'm planning this from out of town, so I especially need input :)Thanks!

Re: Levyland venue

• reg01006reg01006 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My fiance and I considered Levyland and online it soounded like an awesome idea, but we totally changed our minds after seeing it.  We are planning a large wedding (200 people) and the actual property is much smaller than it is online.  Much of the property is wetlands, reeds and not usable to have tables or people placed.  If you were planning a small intimate wedding I could see it being ok.  Our other issue is that the view of the ocean is mostly only from the upstairs balcony and not much from the lower level.  There was also the concern of parking for my guests... you either have space for parking cars or use the dirt lot for your wedding... dirt didnt sound ideal to me.  Also this is totally a side not but we noticed that the restroom is open at the top and you can clearly hear people using the restroom if you are indoors... this totally freaked us out and we promptly decided it wasnt for us.  If you have more questions or want to talk to me send me an email rachaelgladue@gmail.comGood luck!
  • edited December 2011
    ok since the last review isn't exactly glowing I'll add another bash to the location the lagoon it's on smells really bad sometimes it's nicknamed stink lagoon by my fiance who grew up in Carlsbad. I was actually considering here to till he saw where it was and asked me if I wanted my wedding to smell
  • edited December 2011
    Hello, I'm kind of late replying but I just wanted to let you know that I am getting married at Levyland in January.  I have visited Levyland once a week/twice a month for the past couple months and have never smelled anything bad.  I am having between 150 and 200 people, the reception will be in the front/courtyard area (no dirt) with the ceremony taking place on the back lawn.  People have had weddings of up to 300 people there.  It is a beautiful place and I am very excited to be getting married there!  I highly reccommend it!!  Let me know if you have any other questions.   
  • aaaannnnggggaaaannnngggg member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got married at Levyland in April of 2008 and it was the most beautiful wedding! I highly reccomend it! It doesn't smell there at all. I've never smelled the lagoon before. We used the lawn in the back for the ceremony and the reception. We had about 130-140 guests and everyone fit perfectly. We used the dirt lot next to the house for parking. And yes, the best view of the beach is from the 2nd story, but you can see the beach from the back lawn too. It is an absolutely gorgeous location for a wedding. You have to see it for yourself. We had no issues with the bathrooms there at all.I give Levyland an A+.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks to everyone for input on Levyland! This venue sounded perfect, especially since it would include my FI's OOT family's accommodations. We were willing to deal with the potential smells from the lagoon and the weird bathroom construction, mentioned by posters. However, I ended up backing out at the last minute as some issues about regulations started to come up. I just saw a review from a Levyland bride on this, so maybe it'll be helpful for anyone considering this venue:http://www.yelp.com/biz/levyland-carlsbad#hrid:ndvptjDVq1y6ydaLxW-UKg
  • skigyrl177skigyrl177 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi, I am looking at Levyland also.  I just received their contracts this week.  They have changed their regulations to better deal with the noise complaints.  I really love the venue, but I'm worried about the complaints I've read on boards (especially that review on yelp).  I would love to talk to anyone who has had their wedding here.
  • edited December 2011

I got married there! I was amazing! Never smelled lol. You can check out pics of my wedding at www.jessid.smugmug.com click on 'Levyland' =)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards