Connecticut

Videographer Poll

because I can't decide...1- Did you or are you planning on having a videographer?2-  Why or why not?3- Was it worth it?4- Who did you or are you planning on using?
Photobucket Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Videographer Poll

• dpantaleonidpantaleoni member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm in the same boat!  Also add the question:5 - How much does it cost?
  • aljz2010aljz2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    good addition with the number 5!
  • ggmaeggmae member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1 - We had one. 2 - We wanted video from the day and I have a lot of Australian family members that couldn't make it, so we ordered DVDs for them too. 3 - I'll let you know when I see the video, but I imagine so. 4 - Star Quality Video. 5 - We paid $1450 total for what we wanted, but SQV's packages start at $900.
  • edited December 2011
    1. Yes, we had one. 2. We thought it would capture things we might miss. 3. Yes. 4. We used Chris Walsh who was really great to work with and did a great job.
  • edited December 2011
    1- Did you or are you planning on having a videographer? Yes2- Why or why not? I want something to show the kids and grandkids one day.  And I don't want to feel like I missed seeing something at the wedding.3- Was it worth it? I hope so!  I'll let you know if about 6 weeks!4- Who did you or are you planning on using? Glenn Andrew Videos out of Brookfield
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    1- Did you or are you planning on having a videographer? 2- Why or why not? 3- Was it worth it? I went back and forth on whether or not to have one and in the end my parents made it their wedding gift to us and I am so glad they did ... The day went by so fast and I missed seeing some of the really cute and touching moments but I had a chance to relive them by watching the tape 4- Who did you or are you planning on using? I used Dave Davagain from Davagain Productions (he is on the border of Ma/CT) 5- What did it cost The package I went with cost us $1300 (we got $500 off any package because he wanted to book our date and it was off season for him) that included 3 copies of the DVD and 1 Blu Ray Copy, 3 High Def Cameras (2 stationary and 1 mobile), Wireless mic technology, 8 hours and a 2 week turn around time.
  • rel830rel830 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. No. 2. Neither of us really wanted one. We did decide we wanted a video of the ceremony and are having a family member record it. The prices for a professional to do just the ceremony seemed unnecessarily high. 3. I've been told by other people that we should do it so maybe we'll wish we did, but it just wasn't a high enough priority for us.
  • caitcancecaitcance member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1- Yes2- I know the wedding will be a blur to me so I wanted the video to see it again and again (and show it to other people)3- I hope it is!4- Michael Horn from Inspiration in Motion5- $1400
  • edited December 2011
    1- We are not planning on it. 2- I prefer still photography to tell the story of our day...we also have friends with video cameras, so they could always bring theirs if we changed our minds and felt we really needed video too. 3- N/A4- N/A
    The Bump ate my signature. DD - Apr 2011 DS - expected June 2013
  • mrs.rescue4mrs.rescue4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm an old married CT Nestie who 1.  Had one 2.  Just because we wanted to remember the day as it really was (action & all!) in addition to still photos. 3.  It was MORE than worth it.  Having since lost my Dad to cancer, my wedding video is what I watch each time I want to hear his voice and see his smile.  I watch it for that and end up watching the entire thing each time...remembering the day exactly how wonderful it was!  I would highly suggest everyone has a videographer at their wedding. 3.  I used a couple out of the Worcester, MA area and (it was awhile ago), I think it was in the $800-$900 range (I got 4 DVDs).
  • edited December 2011
    1- Did you or are you planning on having a videographer? We did not have one.2- Why or why not? Wasn't in our budget, we didn't think we would watch it very often.3- Was it worth it? Yes because we ended up having a couple different people videotape for us so even though it's amateur, we can still watch our ceremony and parts of our reception. 4- Who did you or are you planning on using? If we had pursued it, we were going to ask acquaintances that are good with video equipment (I was a Comm major so I have friends from college that work in TV/Video) and pay them, or seek our college students that would be able to film and edit for a discounted price. We didn't need or want anything uber-fancy.
  • edited December 2011
    Yes, because i want the live video...I think it will be worth ithttp://www.weddingreports.com/servicedetails.cfm/vendorID/513here are some reviews
    BabyFetus Ticker TTC since 11/2010 Me-32 - Cervical Displacia -Lymes Diseease DH-32
  • becca1209becca1209 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. Yes, we had one. 2. We wanted to be able to watch our wedding video over and over and see the people who were there and see all the sights and here all the sounds of the day. 3. It was definitely worth it. I love our video so much and it is wonderful to see and hear the people and relive our wedding day! 4. Inspiration in Motion. They were so nice and I didn't even notice them most of the night! (Not to mention that they did a great job on our video! Everyone I show it to loves it!)
  • edited December 2011
    1. Planning on it 2. Because there's so much that happens that you can't capture in photos- things that people said, etc. Plus showing your potential kids their family and having them see that in motion is important3. We hope it will be4. Your Cinematic Wedding- http://yourcinematicwedding.com/Portfolio.html5. About $1000 for the entire wedding, a highlight video for family and 3 DVDs. Their style fits what we like. It's creative
  • aljz2010aljz2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you all so much for your posts!  After looking at all of the highlight videos from the various videographers I definitely want one...I just need to convince FI that it's worth the money :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards