Snarky Brides

Oh those principled Blue Dogs

[url]http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/07/30/AR2009073004267.html?hpid=topnews[/url]I wish we could sequester congress from lobbyist.  We make juries cut themselves off from influence for the fate of one guy.  Why not the same for major society-shaping policy?
"As of page 2 this might be the most boring argument ever. It's making me long for Rape Day." - Mouse

Re: Oh those principled Blue Dogs

• I agree. Honestly, I understand the importance of lobbying. But I think what it started out to be versus what it has morphed into are completely different thing. I hate feeling like our government is run by lobbyists.
  • Ahh...I am stuck in committee but as a lobbyist, I will say that we do represent constuents who have better things to do than walk the halls of Congress every day. Every American has at least one lobbyist whether they know it or not. I will also say that that article is extremely skewed. I can't go into more details now, my amdts are in play, but I will be happy to next week when I have had time to catch up on sleep.
  • But the constituents with the most money are the ones most likely to be heard.  Not necessarily the most widely-held opinions.
    "As of page 2 this might be the most boring argument ever. It's making me long for Rape Day." - Mouse
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards