Michigan-Detroit

Pictures in Pontiac/Auburn Hills Area

Hello everyone.  I am new to the local boards...and I am sad I found them so late they seem much more helpful than the bickering that goes on the rest of them :)Anyway our wedding is at Lafayette Grande in Pontiac, the hotel were staying at is in Auburn Hills.  I am from St. Clair Shores and my FI is from Lansing ... we no longer live in the state and the day is fast approaching (15 days).  I am looking for somewhere close to there for pictures before the wedding, some type of park with some greenery to make my mother happy (I could care less).   Suggestions?

Re: Pictures in Pontiac/Auburn Hills Area

• edited December 2011
    I have no answer for this but would love to know as I am having my ceremony and reception at Lafayette next August.
  • edited December 2011
    theres a small park in "downtown auburn hills" that might work. The Clintonville River runs through it and there's a lot of greenery! It's right off Squirrel. HTH!
  • moeoscarmoeoscar member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There is a park at Squirrel and Auburn Rd. called Riverside Park, we took our e-pics there and it was a beautiful backdrop. There is also a park at M-59 and Squirrel called Riverwoods Park that is pretty as well. You could always try the OU campus too. Then (after satisfying your mother) if you are looking for a more "urban" background you could use the tiny little downtown Auburn Hills (Auburn and Squirrel) or you could do downtown Pontiac too.
  • edited December 2011
    I am getting married at a beautiful nature preserve in waterford. there is a river, gazebo, nature paths, fish hatchery ponds, etc.email me if you want more inforaeyannashaheen@hotmail.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards