Louisiana-Baton Rouge

Color Scheme?

Hey ya'll!  I need some help picking a color scheme.  I really want the main color to be deep deep purple, kind of LSU purple but not LSU colors!!!  (Even though my fiancee would love that!) I am trying to decide on an accent color and just can't decide.  I really don't want a lighter shade of purple, I was thinking maybe like a pewter color?  Also, my wedding is set for November 27, 2010.  I don't know if this makes a difference or not on what colors I choose?  What do ya'll think?  Thanks!!

Re: Color Scheme?

• melissalyn05melissalyn05 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think Deep Purple and Pewter, or another gray/silver color would look great together and would be appropriate for that time of year rather than a yellow or something like that would be.
  • msiguemsigue member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What about a pretty emerald green?  I think if you stuck to gem or jewel tones you would be good to go.  A sage green might be nice too.Another thought is to go with orange.  I always loved orange and purple together.  They are gorgeous complimentary colors and with the orange (maybe a burnt orange shade) you could work in ambers and reds.  I know you are worried about purple reminding people too much of LSU but if you stick to a nice deep eggplant you could probably pull off an orange or warmer tone with it.If you used a lighter purple, you might try an accent color of a silky light brown or taupe.I hope that helps.  You should definitely check out the section theknot.com where you can view real weddings by color -- i.e. purple wedding details.  It is a great place for inspiration!!
  • edited December 2011
    Perfect Palette is a website where you can explore different color options.  I clicked on plum (in the left hand panel) and saw a number of options such as plum and silver, plum and sage (as msigue noted above), and others. http://theperfectpalette.blogspot.com/search/label/PlumHTH.
    Bio (updated 4/3/10 with invitations) AAW Board Brides
    500 invitedimage 301 acceptedimage 101 declinedimage

RSVP date: April 23rd Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • coco74coco74 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank ya'll so much for all the ideas!!
  • Caitlin927Caitlin927 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Taupe?
This discussion has been closed.