Wedding Etiquette Forum

Lingerie shower question...

I have a question about the whole lingerie shower deal. I guess I am not a "traditional" bride in the sense that my fiance and I have lived together for 3 years. With that in mind, it will definitely not be our first time on our wedding night ;) So, I feel as if having a lingerie shower is not the most practical idea. I am flattered that my friends are wanting to do this for me, but I think that it is something that is more geared towards brides who will have their first time with their fiance on their wedding night. My mom agrees with me, but everyone else is all about having a lingerie party. I thought if my friends wanted to get me something that it would be better to give it to me the night of the bachelorette party.Any advice would be great!

Re: Lingerie shower question...

• Thanks for the info about changing my signature. I did, but I don't see what the big deal is- they can go online and see our Knot page.. people can get anything they want about you regardless of a signature or if you have a private setting on your profile. We use special programs at work that allow us to see "private" profiles.. and these programs can be used by criminals as well. You're never as safe as you think. I would definitely not mind getting new lingere. I told my bridesmaids and MOH that they can do whatever they want to, but my mom is the real person who is not liking this idea. She thinks its a waste of their money to buy me lingere and thinks if they would like to do something for me, they can use their money in better ways. The reason we are doing it so early is because our friends and families are scattered all over the country. From as far west as Seattle to as far South as Miami. We are not sure when we will be able to visit or when they will be able to visit us until the wedding. We know that our families and friends will be in town/close by for a weekend in the fall due to respective reunions/homecomings/etc. So, thats why my friends are jumping the gun to get this done :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards