• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
Food and Cakes

DIY boxed slices?

OK for several reasons I've decided not to have the large traditional wedding cake. First my meal is already served with a dessert and second my venue charges something like $3 pp to slice and plate a wedding cake.I'd still like to cut a small cake for FI and I but feel weird about doing that with no cake for guests, also some people have made comments about not having any cake...so I was thinking of having some slices boxed up maybe arranged nicely in the shape of a cake.Has anyone put cake slices into boxes before? Should I buy a sheet cake (or a few for 125 guests) and slice it up or bake something myself? When is the best time to do it? Any advice is appreciated!This is a pic of how I'd like to arrange the boxes:[img]http://i30.tinypic.com/2vlqfx2.jpg[/img]

Re: DIY boxed slices?

• edited December 2011
    Cupcakes in a box would be a great take home for your guests.  Check out Wilton's website as they have some wonderful ideas.  On is a poured fondant icing which will allow you to bake the cupcakes a few days ahead, cover them with the poured fondant which will keep them fresh.  Best wishes.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards