Rhode Island

babysitter

Is anyone offering babysitting services to guests? 

Re: babysitter

• edited December 2011
    We are not inviting any children (other than my 16 year old sister) to the wedding.  Some of our guests do have children and we do not know if they will bring them for the weekend or not.  If people decide to bring the kids for the weekend I would like to offer some babysitting options but the guest will have to pay for it.  If anyone has recommendations on babysitters or babysitting services in the Newport area I would love to hear them.   
  • edited December 2011
    I remember someone used Newport Nannies.http://www.newportnannies.com/
  • sg123sg123 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we are not inviting children either and just in talking to someone they mentioned Newport Babysitting Services and also Newport Nannies. 
  • edited December 2011
    I have babysat for a few knotties on the board.  I used to do it all the time in college, and still do it now and then.  I charge $20/hr up to 6 kids + tip.  erinrae1011@gmail.com if you are interested.  I worked in daycare for 6 years, am CPR cert. and I am even a child car seat inspector.
  • jwilsonwcrijwilsonwcri member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The only children at my wedding are close family, like, my 3 kids, my nephews and neices and my best friends kids. I will not be supplying childcare for the parents that can't bring their kids however I am hiring a babysitter to sit at the kids table and keep them all occupied and under control for the night. Also, my kids and neices and nephews will be going home shortly after dinner with other family members.
  • adnapidnaadnapidna member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    jwilson:  This is almost exactly what I was thinking to do.  And then send them home.  My FI was a little ... uneasy with the "kids table" idea but I think we this sort of a setup it should work fine.  Can we talk about what you believe logistics looks like?  Also, Erin, I emailed you!! =)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards