Wisconsin
Options

Bridesmaids dress alterations/Becky's

Who has used Becky for bridesmaid dress alterations? I'm in a wedding in September and my dress fits pretty well, but it could be tweaked a little bit. Any range on how much Becky charges for a slight taking-out in the chestal area? Or other minor alteration charges that you've experienced? My stupid dress was freaking expensive, and if alterations will cost a fortune, I'll just wear it as-is. Any help?

Re: Bridesmaids dress alterations/Becky's

• Options
    edited December 2011
    You know, I recently tried to get some stuff altered by Becky.  I called her and left three messages, and she never called me back.  I called over a span of about two weeks, and there was nothing on the recording to indicate she'd be out of town.  I wound up taking my clothes to a guy at Capitol & Oakland. I get it back next weekend, but I'm very optimistic.I was really disappointed that someone who is so highly recommended seemed to be such a terrible business person.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Whoa, really? What's this guy's name/number? Do you think he can alter a bridemaid dress? Do you know the cost range?Obviously I don't want crappy alterations, but if it's going to cost a lot, I'll just wear it as is. It's not like it looks awful.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oleg Yusfov.  414-332-6200.  1810 E Capitol.  I found him on Yelp.  The review said his prices are really reasonable although I thought they sounded a bit high.  Not necessarily unreasonably high, but perhaps a little.  I don't know what you need done, but give him a call and see what he says.  Super nice guy.  I'm very excited to get all my clothes back!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    mococamococa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Another bride and I ended up going to a lady in Racine last year who was very reasonable and did a great job.  Not sure if that is too far for you, but I can get you her contact info if you want.When are YOU getting married, anyway?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hm, Racine might be a little far for me. I'm probably just going to end up at the court house. We stopped planning anything for a long while due to finances and some family issues. I slowly came around to the idea of something small and destination-y. Then we went to a big wonderful wedding and now FI is all "Waahh, I want everyone and their mom there." So now I'm lobbying for courthouse wedding and a bounce house reception. I'm lame, I know. But we're living together in delicious sin and everything's great, so it's hard to be in much of a rush to plan anything big.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to Becky in May/June - I had a BM dress that need to be taken in in the waist and the straps adjusted.  She charged me $30.00 and I thought she did a great job.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi, I just got my wedding dress done at Becky's.  She's super nice but very busy.  She's out of town most of August, so booking her may be difficult.Anyway, she did a great job on my dress and was so nice to work with.  She did the hem, straps, cups sewn in, and bustle for $75.It can't hurt to call and ask if she's available, especially since the work on your dress sounds not so extensive. HTH
  • Options
    mococamococa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't blame you for wanting to go the courthouse route.  I still wish we had gone away somewhere just the two of us.  I tried to talk him in to that.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards