2 Votes (50.0%)

No
    0 Votes (0.0%)

What's a fax?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • *Barbie**Barbie* member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i didn't even bother to list a fax number in my work e-mail signature. they can scan and e-mail me a document, or FedEx a hard copy.

related: I hate when people try to fax stuff to my phone. 
  • TheDuckisTheDuckis member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I hate people who still have fax machines. Like pure hate. It was stupid technology even when it was the fastest way to get a document from point A to point B. But now that everyone with a computer that came with a free printer can scan and email, what's the point?
  • PMeg819PMeg819 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011
    We get our lab results faxed to us and we send a lot of faxes at work. I wish we had an eFax system. That would be so much nicer.
  • TheDuckisTheDuckis member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    YOU DON'T NEED AN EFAX SYSTEM YOU NEED A SCANNER AND AN EMAIL ADDRESS.
  • Butter CookieButter Cookie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_irrelevant-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:422594ad-819f-430b-a788-1acd61fd9187Post:afdf9379-60c5-41a4-986f-c2e673065fee">Re: irrelevant poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]We get our lab results faxed to us and we send a lot of faxes at work. I wish we had an eFax system. That would be so much nicer.
    Posted by PMeg819[/QUOTE]

and cheaper in the long run - think of all the paper and ink that would save! Not to mention when they have to train a new staff because someone went BSC (Pmeg) and chopped a bunch of people into bits.
  • HeffalumpHeffalump member
    edited December 2011
    BC, I guess I was thinking of work, although way-back-when we used to have a printer/scanner/fax at home that we probably used twice. 

I don't list my fax, either.  No one ever uses it.  One of our far-flung sales reps asked for my fax number to send me something, and I had to pull out a business card to look it up.  I think that's the first time in three years.
  • PMeg819PMeg819 member
    edited December 2011
    Duckis, I work for a small business. I dont' disagree. But I had to have othes in the office help me beg for a new computer. When I got her, I had one from 2004. That should say something.

The reality is that having lab results go to a few email addresses is a PITA. If someone is out, we may not see them. We have to review them as they come in the event that there is an abnormality that needs a physician to review ASAP. I dont' get a lot of time some days to sit at my computer.
  • DG1DG1 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I answered yes.  I technically have used a fax maybe once or twice in the last two years.  But I also don't list it on my business cards, and I have to ask our admin any time I need it for a form or something.

• Butter CookieButter Cookie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We get mostly spam at work through fax. Of course they never include a fax number to fax them back, because if they did I would send them solid black pages over and over again just to be an ass.
  • zsazsa-stlzsazsa-stl member
    First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I have to use a fax for expense reports and a few other programs.  Essentially I'm just scanning and uploading the file over a phone line.  I'm guessing they will allow me to just can and upload on the computer soon, but for now I'm still using the fax function.

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • nicoleg1982nicoleg1982 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We fax.  A lot.  On the daily.  Of course, we scan and email 2x as much in a day.  For us, it works.  And ditto Pmeg on the "just one recipient isn't always best" issue.
    imageimage
  • edited December 2011
    I fax things to parents a few times a year. Usually it's a form that they need to sign and can't get off of work. I've faxed report cards, because the kid didn't show it to their parents.

My HOA faxed me something last week, because they seemed to want to save themselves a stamp. We have our own fax in our office, so i can grab it if it's personal.
  • VarunaTTVarunaTT member
    edited December 2011
    I fax a lot.  Medical records, releases, lab orders, etc.  Going through one e-mail address would be impossible b/c of sheer volume, needing the recipient who might be someone that doesn't have an e-mail, or mean having lots of people with access to one e-mail address, which is a HIPAA violation.

I think it's easier than a scanner/e-mail anyway.  People can figure out how to punch in a telephone number and hit "fax/scan" whatever.  Scanner/e-mail require a lot more IT setup and have lots of ways to go wrong (recipient doesn't have correct program, yes there are those people, e-mail can't handle size of documents and don't have zip program, etc).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards