Illinois-Chicago

Are the Chicago Knotties the only sane ones on the knot?

Our board has been pretty slow the past few days so I've been lurking on the other boards. I was wondering yesterday what the hell is wrong with some of these people. It's like reading a transcript from the Jerry Springer Show. I mean seriously, why would you want to air your family dirty laundry about your wedding to people you don't even know in real life. Obviously weddings bring out the "crazy" in all of us, to some respect. However, I am truly amazed at the level of hypocrisy. It would be funny if these "ladies" weren't so serious about how well versed they are in etiquette. I guess I just want to say how refreshing it is to be part of a board where the brides don't act like complete tard-smacks.
When you're born in Chicago you're blessed and you're healed the first time you walk into Wrigley Field. My Bio

Re: Are the Chicago Knotties the only sane ones on the knot?

• edited December 2011
    Agreed Sparkette.Danielle
  • edited December 2011
    Fridays seem to be good lurking days too, for some reason. It makes for good entertainment, though! =)
  • edited December 2011
    Tard-smacks!??! hahahaahaa!
  • edited December 2011
    I agree....I have ventured onto other boards and sometimes they are just down right mean. I would never wanna post anything on there.....I'd be scared! Love the chicago board :) must nicer people! But I do agree....the other boards are fun to lurk they can be entertaining.
  • awed81awed81 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Whenever I am *super* bored at work I will take a look at the Not Engaged Yet Board or the P&E board. Both of which will provide fairly amusing entertainment for at least 10 minutes. And then I feel like since I am reading all the nonsense, I am encouraging them......oh well.
  • Elizabeth7277Elizabeth7277 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    lol at tard-smacks. Thanks for the smile :)
  • HapplyEvrAftrHapplyEvrAftr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Agreed. I really think this board offers some great advice & resources, and there's virtually no snark.  :)
  • edited December 2011
    I agree, the Chicago board it great. While I never post on local boards, NEY is HILARIOUS to read...at the expense of these poor girls, but hey...if you put it out there... : )
  • edited December 2011
    And it follows over to the nest also! I posted on married life and got eaten alive! Fun to lurk there but I'll keep my posts to my local & anniversary board
  • edited December 2011
    I think I got the double whammy of luck here on theknot.  Chicago's sane, and so is July 09. Anyway, I'm back with a new name and soon to be posting a married bio (hopefully!) and vendor reviews.I used to be lmcjls711, if anyone remembers :)
    ~Married 7.10.09~
    TTC #1 Since 3.9.10
    Dx PCOS 8.30.10
    3 failed IUI cycles Feb 11 to April 11, IVF #1 cycle start 6-18-12, ER 7-3-12 (10 retrieved, 8 attempted fertilization, 7 growing), ET 7-8-12 - 2-2ab transferred. Success! Due 3-26-13
    Anniversary
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I don't really even go to the P&E board because to me it just seems like they wait for someone to attack next. It's fun to read sometimes, but it gets old.. the same girls always picking on everyone.I love the Chi board and the Oct. 09 board. You guys are all I need. :o)
  • edited December 2011
    Once I discovered the Chicago board, I stopped looking at the other ones.  We do have a very welcoming, but also honest, community.  Every once in a while I'll check out the honeymoon board and post if people have questions about Maui, but that's it really.
  • LynnZee333LynnZee333 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Okay just saying - have you ever looked at the LA boards!? Now those are some wacks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited December 2011
    I think it has to do with being somewhat anonymous. People get really bold and can be really mean when they don't have to show their face.
  • KenyagraceKenyagrace member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Some of the girls on my club board are notorious for being cliquey. I just got flamed on the FFF for thinking a 'game' that some of the 'popular posters' was lame. The Chicago board had its share of interesting posters back when I first started posting this time last year. But the Chicago board and the AAW board members now are always helpful and straightforward, without being biotchy, when necessary.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • KenyagraceKenyagrace member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That should have read - "of thinking a game that some of the popular posters play was lame" Sorry...the wine is kicking in!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • sheenadjsheenadj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Okay, so I've never been to any other boards than this.  However, I get bored at work often so now I'm going to have to go lurking.  LOLOh and tard-smacks.......hilarious!
  • edited December 2011
    I have been lurking here and on P&E for a while. I would feel like a Pinata if I posted anything on P&E its quite rough!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards