Louisiana-Baton Rouge

Dress Shops

I will be dress shopping soon and was wondering if anyone would suggest certain shops to go to first. Also, are there some places I should stay away from because of bad service?

Re: Dress Shops

• edited December 2011
    Go to Megan's Dress 2 the 9's. You do not need an appointment. Ask for Megan...she is the owner and can help you with anything you need. They have some amazing dresses and her prices are the best that I have seen in Baton Rouge!
  • ceruiz9ceruiz9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to David's Bridal just to see what they had and no one bothered to help me. I walked out after being there for about 30 minutes. I wasn't impressed with The Bridal Boutique. I wanted to try on 2 Mon Cheri gowns and they told me that they do carry Mon Cheri but they didn't have the 2 dresses I wanted to try on and that the only way I could try them on was if I ordered one. Why would I order and pay for a dress that I wasn't sure if I would like it once it was on me? I'm from Gonzales so decided to try out Debbie's Bridal Boutique since they too carry Mon Cheri. They didn't have the 2 dresses I wanted to try but told me that they had just ordered them and were waiting for them to come in. I went in 2 months later and they pulled them out right away. The young girl who helped me and Debbie were VERY HELPFUL and EXTREMELY NICE!! My bridal boutique search ended at Debbie's because they were the only ones who actually helped me find what I want. Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    I just went to Bustle yesterday.  Awesome service!!!!  Sara, the owner began helping me, but when she got held up by her previous customer, she asked her mother Ms. Sandy (who happens to also work there) to assist my mother and I.  Ms. Sandy was wonderful.  I was concerned about not being able to fit into any of the sample size dress because I am a size 16 in regular clothes and she was very gentle with my ego.  I found a dress that I absolutely love, but I would like to try on a few others because that was my first dress shopping attempt. 
    Bio (updated 4/3/10 with invitations) AAW Board Brides
    500 invitedimage 301 acceptedimage 101 declinedimage

RSVP date: April 23rd Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I honestly went to every dress store in Baton Rouge and New Orleans... I ended up buying my dress from Megan's Dress 2 the 9's.  I didn't really have a budget in mind but Megan's was the only place where I found more than one dress that made me swoon!  She has good taste!  I also liked D'Leis -- the service there was good but the dress shop was so full you couldn't see the dresses on the rack.  Same with Bridal Boutique.  Megan's took me as a walk-in and I bought my dress off the rack - never tried on - and got an extra 15% off.   I also really liked Bustle in Baton Rouge and Bustle and Bows in New Orleans.  I had a horrible experience at David's Bridal and Pearl's Place...  Good luck finding the perfect dress!
  • SharynSharyn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi, I have to say I would recommend Ashley Renee Bridal. They are super sweet, and always helpful whether you have an appointment or not. Ginger is who has been helping me. Dress quality is great and prices are average. Good Luck.
  • edited December 2011
    The Bridal Party in the ASntique District of downtown Denham Springs is closing soon so I think everything there is half off!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards