Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

When to do first dance?

Are you doing your first dance after you are announced or after dinner? I have been seeing both and am undecided...
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: When to do first dance?

• edited December 2011
    after being announced.. usually because everyone remains standing while you dance your first dance. its really up to you.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Ditto pp. After we are announced. It really depends on what you want ultimately.
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    We are doing it right after we enter, I'm changing clothes after dinner so I really wanted to dance in my "wedding" dress to our song, plus get the f/d dance and m/s dance out of the way as well.
  • edited December 2011
    our tenetive schedule is : 6-645 ceremony6:55 announce us as we reenter the room (ceremony and reception in same place)7:00 cut cake7:10 eat dinnermingle w guests as they finish eating dinner7:45 first dances and toasts  
  • edited December 2011
    our tenative plan is to dance after dinner - since the wedding party tends to get food first, we figure we'll be done with dinner by the time the last guests have gotten through the buffet line and are settled at their tables again.... i think people are more in 'reception mode' if they have food in front of them!juliagoolia - love the name and also love&lyres :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards