New York-New York City

Brooklyn Bound

Can anyone recommend some Bridesmaids' dress shops in Brooklyn? The bride lives in NC, but the wedding is in NJ. The MOH lives in Bay Ridge and wants to try on some dresses the bride likes, and I've been assigned chauffeur/photography duties. Any thoughts on Lestan Bridals? I'd even be willing to drive out to Long Island if there's a store that carries a large number of samples. I know RK Bridal in Manhattan has a huge amount of samples, but they don't allow photos, and we MUST be able to take photos to send to the bride. TIA!

Re: Brooklyn Bound

• edited December 2011
    Honestly, no bridal shop will allow you to take pictures without purchasing first...fortunately, they're a lot more lenient on Bridesmaid dresses....so you're okay!I would definitely start with RK Bridal -- just go through the racks, put the dresses on, and sneak a picture in (you'll be fine since they let you go through the racks yourself and leave you mainly unattended.)If you're looking in Brooklyn (I would NOT recm'd Lestans) -- but I would definitely recm'd Valentina's Bridal (they're in Dyker Heights, about five minutes from Bay Ridge.)  I purchased my BM dresses from there b/c they gave us the best price compared to RK, especially b/c alterations were free.
  • pequenalulu80pequenalulu80 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Doris Fashions on 18th ave is great! She let me take some cell phone pics to send to an out of town bridesmaid. She's very helpful!
    Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Ditto on Doris Fashions - and they will cut you a break in price if you pay in cash.  Only a deposit is required and you can pay the remainder upon pick up. I got my first gown (found another dress now, so am selling) and MOH dress there and will probably get flower girl dress there as well.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards