Washington-Seattle

Thank You!

Thanks to everyone I have found a photographer to take pictures for our wedding. 

A married couple is like a permanent marker. Once you are with them you can never give them up OR let them fade away.. Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Thank You!

• I'm using bob Carter, out of Tacoma. Good prices and great looking portfolio.
  • sparent2010sparent2010 member
    First Comment
    edited January 2012
    Depends on your budget. 

Mgoss I think had JennyGG who is awesome and FTL also had an awesome photographer

The other one I can think of that is really good which is Azzura photography. They are really popular and do an amazing  job 

If you look through Seattle Bride magazine you can get a whole bunch of different recommendation. 
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • what's your budget and style?
  • Budget makes a huge difference. What are you looking for? 
    Amount of time/coverage? 
    Do you want control of all photos? (some people require you to buy all prints FROM THEM, and not give you the rights to them all. Does this matter to you?) 
    Do you want an engagement shoot? 
    What area are you needing them to travel to? 
  • I am using Abe Clary out of Yelm, WA. He is alot cheaper than Seattle photographers. He has photographed out family many times. He is very experienced and had nice equiptment. His wedding stuff is really good and he is super nice and easy to get along with!
  • We're using Rebecca Jane Photography.  We've already done our engagement photos with her and it was a blast!  We just sent out our STDs and have gotten a lot of compliments on the photo we used - and on the engagement photos on our site.

http://www.rebeccajanephotography.net/index2.php

She's got different packages and ala carte as well.

L
  • edited January 2012
    I am using Red Sparrow Photography and Katie is amazing! She just came to do a walk through with me at my venue to get an idea of the space and look around for good photo places. She is affordable and extremely affordable.
  • I used Erica Rose...she works all over but mainly Seattle, Chicago and Anchorage. 
    We LOVED our photos, and she was so great to work with (which we thought was important since you spend the entire wedding day with the photographer :)

Her website is www.erosephoto.com and her blog is www.ericaroseblog.com

(She doesn't charge for travel to Seattle...I think she lives in BC?)
  • I'm using Christopher Gendron Photography. I love his work, he edits every single picture, gives you the CD's with rights, a proof book, a second photog and unlimited time for a screaming deal. I almost feel like I'm taking advantage of him. He's definately worth more than he charges.
  • we're going with jeremy leffel...  he has one price which includes gives full day coverage + engagement shoot + assistant photographer.  Albums are extra but the fiance really liked his style
  • Like sparent has already said, I had Jenny GG as my photog for my wedding last May and I was super happy with my decision to hire her.  Jenny is super friendly and so relaxing to be around (which was such a relief on the big day).  Her website is jennygg.com.
    OMH est. May 7, 2011
    Photo courtesy of jennygg.com
    My never updated Planning/Married Bio: http://mgoss228.weebly.com/
    Seattle Knotties: Please page me if you send me a PM!
  • It really does depend on your budget. We ended up going with Azzura Photography for our wedding this coming June because my fiance is a photographer and he is very picky. We also considered JennyGG. Both are in the pricier range, which I cared about, so he paid the difference :P Anyways, another photographer you can check out is Will Blaschko Photography @ willblaschko.com. I am biased towards him 'cause he is my fiance :) But his photos are good and his prices are lower than other photographers, which is nice.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_washington-seattle_looking-wedding-photographer?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:104Discussion:1ad94f10-16a7-4e9f-9749-1750704ddefdPost:5ef15316-93f8-4037-8345-270c2814f937">Re: Looking for a Wedding Photographer!</a>:
    [QUOTE]It really does depend on your budget. We ended up going with Azzura Photography for our wedding this coming June because my fiance is a photographer and he is very picky. We also considered JennyGG. Both are in the pricier range, which I cared about, so he paid the difference :P Anyways, another photographer you can check out is Will Blaschko Photography @ willblaschko.com. I am biased towards him 'cause he is my fiance :) But his photos are good and his prices are lower than other photographers, which is nice.
    Posted by catherinegq[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>My fiance and I are very very picky as well cause we are photographers to. It is so hard to find someone we like. 

</div>
    A married couple is like a permanent marker. Once you are with them you can never give them up OR let them fade away.. Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are using Sara Adamski. Her website is photosbysara.com - her work is great and we have used her for other photo shoots as well besides engagement and wedding.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_washington-seattle_looking-wedding-photographer?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:104Discussion:1ad94f10-16a7-4e9f-9749-1750704ddefdPost:ae58a914-ad95-4bf0-a9ea-3062ac6a5c70">Re: Looking for a Wedding Photographer!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Like sparent has already said, I had Jenny GG as my photog for my wedding last May and I was super happy with my decision to hire her.  Jenny is super friendly and so relaxing to be around (which was such a relief on the big day).  Her website is jennygg.com.
    Posted by mgoss228[/QUOTE]

<div>We also went with Jenny GG. She is fabulous, and were extremely happy with her work. </div>
  • I'm using Colleen Donovan.  http://www.colleendonovan.com I love her style - it's fresh and vibrant and real.  I am not a big fan of lots of post processing and I like how her images are colorful and unposed.  Can't wait for our engagment session!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_washington-seattle_looking-wedding-photographer?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:104Discussion:1ad94f10-16a7-4e9f-9749-1750704ddefdPost:8c2974ec-d6e8-4e32-a8fe-e93a01990b23">Re: Looking for a Wedding Photographer!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Looking for a Wedding Photographer! : My fiance and I are very very picky as well cause we are photographers to. It is so hard to find someone we like. 
    Posted by DaniellePhan5[/QUOTE]

Ya, I think photographers have the most difficult time picking wedding photographers, lol :) The way we did it was by searching on Seattle Bride "Best of 2010/2011." After our venue, the photographer was the second thing we booked. Very important :) Anyways, good luck with your search.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards