Chit Chat

POLL: How do you relieve your wedding planning stress/anxiety!

I've had a lot of trouble with this because I'm an uber-perfectionist sometimes and although my planning and everything has gone relatively smoothly I keep getting a flip flop in my stomach and that light-headed feeling that comes right before a full-blown panic attack. I've tried walks, because they usually relax me, but it's so hot out even at night that it just makes me more stressed and tired.  How do you ladies handle it? Any suggestions?Thanks a million you lovely brides-to-be!

Re: POLL: How do you relieve your wedding planning stress/anxiety!

• This may sound silly, but try coloring. At work yesterday I printed off a bunch of blank pictures (Disney princesses lol) and started coloring. I must have done that for about two hours. It's amazing to not have to worry about linen colors and favors and just focus on what shade of blue the sky should be. Google for blank pictures and give it a try. GL!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Wine usually does the trick for me. Crown Royal for those really stressful nights :)
  • Oh, and yoga or pilates is nice and relaxing.
  • vodka........i'm serious lol
  • Take a nice cool shower or sit in a tub full of cool water and listen to some soft jazz or classical, some mellow music and don't think about anything but how cool the water feels on your skin and take nice deep breaths. Also a nice glass or two of some great wine. Give yourself a pedicure and paint your toenails some bright happy color. Watch some very funny comedies and have a good laugh.
  • +1 for wine. It gives you an excuse to just stop, since there's not much you really want to be working on by the time you have your second glass. Jazz music helps too.
  • +2 for the wine!  FI just some how knows and brings home wine.  He knows what I like and he gets a movie as well!!!  [url=http://<a href="http://www.weddingcountdown.com" rel='nofollow'>www.weddingcountdown.com</a>][img]<a href="http://img.weddingcountdown.com/ticker/bg35dsx3.png" rel='nofollow'>http://img.weddingcountdown.com/ticker/bg35dsx3.png</a>[/img][/url]
  • wow thank you ladies so much!  I don't know if I should get hard liquor as I am already fighting off the effects of exhaustion from planning/overtime/etc... but i love a lot of you suggestions (wine especially, hehe) as we are taking our honeymoon in napa and sanoma valley!
  • A second for coloring (but only with Crayolas - the scent is half the stress relief) and Play-Doh......
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • I pop in a sappy wedding movie and cry my eyes out.  I get really emotional (in a good way) when I watch movies like "Maid of Honor," "Father of the Bride," "Bride Wars," etc, and it makes me remember how great wedding planning is.  I am around wine and spirits all day, so that doesn't really do it for me, and I'd say competitive sports because that's a really good stress reliever for me, but none of my friends now are very competitive, so it's anticlimactic.
    image "Always love. Don't wail til the finish line."-Nada Surf
  • Hi! Don't worry--this is manageable! Picking up on your need for excersize, is there a chance you can join a gym? I too, live in the south so I understand how brutal the heat can be out there! I did join a gym and I find it a great way to clear the mind! Sometimes I also do non-wedding things knowing the details can get the better of me. Music is another idea to keep yourself calm whether it be meditative or something more upbeat to match your mood. Sometimes just chatting with people to get your mind off it helps. As for the perfectionist, see what your bridesmaids CAN come up with as you may be surprised. To help out, give them an idea of what colors you'd like and just go in with a GENERAL idea of flowers and settings. Sure you're entitled to the perfect day but you're also entitled to enjoy it! Hope this helps and good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards