Massachusetts-Boston

Slow Board = Time to get our poll on!

I'm no Meaghan, but here we go! Let's throwback to childhood with this one..as a a kid what/who were your: 1. Fave TV show 2. Celeb Crush 3. Fave Song/singer/band 4. Fave food 5. Fave outfit 6. Fave clothing store 7. Aaaaand your fave school pic background...were you studious and went with the bookshelves? or were you sassy and had the laser outer space backdrop? or did your parents refuse to spring for the upgrade and you had that basic denim blue?

Re: Slow Board = Time to get our poll on!

• edited December 2011
    1. Hard to pick. Gem and the Rockstars, Alf and Harry and the Hendersons2. JTT of course!3. Debbie Gibson and NKOTB4. Mcdonald's anything (because I wan't allowed to have it)5. Leggings but I had to have two different color socks and one of those mini fanny packs made for your writst but I wore it on my ankle. Yah I was cool6. The limited for kids 7. Aaaaand your fave school pic background...were you studious and went with the bookshelves? or were you sassy and had the laser outer space backdrop? or did your parents refuse to spring for the upgrade and you had that basic denim blue?  I loved the gel looking ones!
  • edited December 2011
    Let's throwback to childhood with this one..as a a kid what/who were your: 1. Fave TV show: FULL HOUSE, Boy meets world, and SBTB!!2. Celeb Crush: Johnathan Taylor Thomas!3. Fave Song/singer/band: BSB and Nsync!!4. Fave food: Chinese food and french fries.. still the same!5. Fave outfit: hmm not sure, loved dresses though. My mom convinced me to go to a Catholic school by telling me I could wear a dress everyday. 6. Fave clothing store: Limited Too and Abercrombie Kids7. Aaaaand your fave school pic background...were you studious and went with the bookshelves? or were you sassy and had the laser outer space backdrop? or did your parents refuse to spring for the upgrade and you had that basic denim blue? Haha definitely the third.. they were cheap!
  • julesy9julesy9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oooh fun!1.) She-Ra2.) Joey McIntire (NKOTB)3.) Covergirl - NKOTB4.) Pizza5.) white leggings with this certain yellow top and keds sneakers6.) The limited too7.) Black with stars (super funny question!)
  • edited December 2011
    All right, let's rewind...1. Fave TV show   Punky Brewster, Alvin and the Chipmunks, Full House, Saved by the Bell2. Celeb Crush Jonathan Brandis, amongst others I can't remember3. Fave Song/singer/band Debbie Gibson, Paula Abdul4. Fave food - McDonald's5. Fave outfit - MC Hammer pants (the kind with the big pockets that you could wear two ways)6. Fave clothing store - Deb, Dots7. Aaaaand your fave school pic background - The traditional blue AND the laser beams.
  • jkeprosjkepros member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hmmmm....1. The Cosby Show or any cartoon2. Jason Bateman or Kirk Cameron3. Hahaha...I loved Tiffany and Debbie Gibson, Madonna...and that Paula Aboul video with the cartoon4. Pepperoni Pizza, hotdogs, doughnuts, my dad's meatballs, chocolate chip pancakes...5. I LOVED my red circle wool skirt with skinny black patent belt.  I also loved any dress that was pink.6. When I was little I got a lot of hand-me-downs and stuff my grandma made me, so anything new was awesome.  When I was 8 my mom opened a kid's clothing store and I bought all my clothes there until I was 14.7. Hahaha...I don't think my schools had a choice.  It was always just grey or blue solid background.
    Yay! Finally able to update my signature :)
    by Shannon Sorensen Photography
    My hubby & I rock the frock.
    Bio
  • edited December 2011
    1. House, Bones & trashy reality TV2. Hugh Laurie. SEXY.3. Too many to list. 4. pasta/seafood/cheese5. Jeans/Hoodie6. Old Navy i guess. 7. We usually didn't get a choice, so solid blue it was.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    1. Fave TV show: Full House 2. Celeb Crush: Keanu Reeves 3. Fave Singer: Debbie Gibson 4. Fave food: chicken fingers (I wouldn't go to a restaurant that didn't have them!) 5. Fave outfit: I don't think I had one. I drove my mom crazy when I was 5-7 because I would change outfits about 3 times a day. 6. Fave clothing store: Didn't have one, but I looooooooved looking at the clothes in the JC Penney catalogues at back to school time. 7. School background: I always wanted the bookshelves, but my parents never let me get them. We usually got the lasers. AlwaysABridesmaid...the ringtone on my phone is the ALF theme song!
  • edited December 2011
    1. Fave TV show: Grey's Anatomy or Lipstick Jungle2. Celeb Crush: Paul Walker3. Fave Song/singer/band: Britney Spears ;)4. Fave food: Ice Cream5. Fave outfit: Dress and high high heels6. Fave clothing store: Bloomies7. Aaaaand your fave school pic background...were you studious and went with the bookshelves? or were you sassy and had the laser outer space backdrop? or did your parents refuse to spring for the upgrade and you had that basic denim blue? I dont think we had backgrounds....:) In college they did them in front of books
  • edited December 2011
    Love!!Let's throwback to childhood with this one..as a a kid what/who were your: 1. Fave TV show way back it was Thundercats, later I loved Boy Meets World2. Celeb Crush JTT or Devon Sawa3. Fave Song/singer/band  TLC4. Fave food creamcheese and olives on a roll5. Fave outfit jelly shoes and a oversized white tee with puffy paint tied on the side6. Fave clothing store limited too7. Aaaaand your fave school pic background...were you studious and went with the bookshelves? or were you sassy and had the laser outer space backdrop? or did your parents refuse to spring for the upgrade and you had that basic denim blue? haha this is hilarious, I always wanted laser but is was basic blue for me... one time my mom freaked on the people because they 're did' my pig tails to look like crap with one of those combs they used one everyone grosssss
  • edited December 2011
    Oops I didnt answer all of those for "as a kid" :)Favor show would be Full House, Celeb Crush was JTT, fave outfit ???, Fave store was Limited Too for a long time...
  • edited December 2011
    Devon Sawa! That's the name I couldn't remember...
  • edited December 2011
    Amber, I was gonna say... they had Grey's Anatomy when you were a kid? ;)
  • edited December 2011
    Ha! Wow all of these were my favs too! Devon Sawa in Casper was awesome! The JCpenny catalog at back to school time and all of those great shows. Awww the memories!
  • edited December 2011
    1. Fave TV show Punky Brewster and Wonder Years 2. Celeb Crush Fred Savage 3. Fave Song/singer/band NKOTB, Tiffany, Deb Gibson 4. Fave food fetuccini alfredo! My dad use to make it for me on my special red plate LOL 5. Fave outfit definitely the little spandex knicker things with the skirt attached 6. Fave clothing store 5-7-9 7. Aaaaand your fave school pic background...were you studious and went with the bookshelves? or were you sassy and had the laser outer space backdrop? or did your parents refuse to spring for the upgrade and you had that basic denim blue? HA! the colored background, different color every year, though love my 2nd grad pic with the black background and the 2nd face of me staring off in the corner. Kind of creepy actually!
  • amyandmereamyandmere member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I want to answer this, but looking at all your answers makes me feel so old. Don't judge an old lady...Let's throwback to childhood with this one..as a a kid what/who were your: 1. Fave TV show: Different Strokes2. Celeb Crush: Doogie Howser/ Reese Witherspoon3. Fave Song/singer/band: Madonna and Paula Abdul4. Fave food: anything with Creamy Italian dressing (gross!)5. Fave outfit: leggings, big shirts and scrunchies.6. Fave clothing store: anything that my older sisters loved, they were sooooo cool :)7. Aaaaand your fave school pic background...were you studious and went with the bookshelves? or were you sassy and had the laser outer space backdrop? or did your parents refuse to spring for the upgrade and you had that basic denim blue?Always the basic blue, they didnt have the laser till i was in middle school...and now I am singing "Forever your Girl"...
  • edited December 2011
    1. Fave TV show Depends on how old school. Lower grades = Save the Bell or 90210... HS = Dawson's Creek for sure2. Celeb Crush JTT for sure!3. Fave Song/singer/band Depended on my mood... either Silverchair (1st concert) or Hanson (most concerts). That taylor hanson... oh man  :)4. Fave food Pizza5. Fave outfit I went to private school for the lower grades and had a wear a uniform.. it blew! But when I was able to dress myself there were frequent bright blue leggings, extra large tee-shirts and floral vests! Yikes6. Fave clothing store In HS it was def forever 217. Aaaaand your fave school pic background...were you studious and went with the bookshelves? or were you sassy and had the laser outer space backdrop? or did your parents refuse to spring for the upgrade and you had that basic denim blue? Oh boy, umm well since I went to a private Jewish school for the lower grades, the backgrounds of our pictures were always of Jerusalem. They are hilariously horrible!
  • edited December 2011
    Ahhhh Devon Sawa, in Now and Then, yummm! He's gross now btw, lol
  • edited December 2011
    1. Fave TV show: oh TGIf..i loooved full house and boy meets world 2. Celeb Crush: JTT forever! a girl in my 3rd grade class gave me a pic of him from bop or tiger beat and i hid it in my bag because i thought my dad would be at me for liking a boy 3. Fave Song/singer/band: bsb, *nsync, and 98*...i saw them 3 times in concert! 4. Fave food: most likely mcdonald's because my parents never let us have it!! 5. Fave outfit: hang on to your hats: overalls. mustard yellow turtleneck. big chunky colorful bead necklace. why???? 6. Fave clothing store: i loved my hand-me-downs from my glamorous cousins, and of course was devoted to the matching scrunchie/socks/turtleneck sets from the limited too 7. Aaaaand your fave school pic background...were you studious and went with the bookshelves? or were you sassy and had the laser outer space backdrop? or did your parents refuse to spring for the upgrade and you had that basic denim blue? i was obsessed with the lasers!!
  • edited December 2011
    oh remember when i tried to be cool and make my answers bold using html code remembered from my livejournal days and failed miserably?
  • edited December 2011
    1. Ghostwriter! 2.Eddie Furlong, and most of the people listed on the last page of Teen Beat!3. I had a million favs..the first tape I bought was MC hammer.4.spaghettios5.I can't remember an outfit, so I'll go with fav hair style...having my mom put my whole head in braids and taking them all out in the morning, for the cool, windswept curl look!6. Pac Sun, but that was a little older7.You hit it square on the nail...wanted the lasers, but my parents were too cheap!
  • edited December 2011
    omg. ghostwriter!! love!
  • edited December 2011
    1. Fave TV show Punky Brewster, Full House2. Celeb Crush I forget...Leo?3. Fave Song/singer/band Tiffany, Debbie Gibson, NKOTB4. Fave food ice cream5. Fave outfit jean shorts with the fold down waist and my white half shirt with the ruffle at the top...and the side pony tail :)6. Fave clothing store Marshall's - my mom never left me go to the mall..too many teenagers hanging out smoking in the food court7. Aaaaand your fave school pic background...were you studious and went with the bookshelves? or were you sassy and had the laser outer space backdrop? or did your parents refuse to spring for the upgrade and you had that basic denim blue? laser was the coolest..and the green
    imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    omg ghostwriter forever!!!!!! i had all the books!!!!! and i was in love with the character "alex"!!!!! and the thought of school pictures with jerusalem in the background made me laugh so so so hard.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm such an idiot.... I filled the faves like we were talking about ourselves now (as opposed to then). D'oh!Let's try it again...1. Fave TV show - Cosby Show2. Celeb Crush - Leo DiCaprio for sure. :o)3. Fave Song/singer/band - NKOTB (Joey was my fave.)4. Fave food - Pizza5. Fave outfit - Leggings with ginormous sweatshirt6. Fave clothing store - The Limited7. Aaaaand your fave school pic background...were you studious and went with the bookshelves? or were you sassy and had the laser outer space backdrop? or did your parents refuse to spring for the upgrade and you had that basic denim blue? - I had the parents who wouldn't spring for the fancy laser background. :o(
  • edited December 2011
    jesibel - Back then, I used to think 5-7-9 was the most sophisticated store... lolOh, and I looooved Ghostwriter too... I was such a PBS nerd back then... oh wait, I still am! lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards